• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also congrats to Norman. He's bet on himself like 3 different times in the past year and a half and has won big time each time it looks like. Wish we could have signed him but can't blame him at all for that money and a long term deal

TITCR. Get every penny you can. It's your brain that's getting scrambled for my entertainment.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Josh Norman is discussing five-year deals with the Redskins and 49ers, and is expected to get $14-$15 million per season.

Is he going to survive playing ODB twice in a year?

As if the sting of losing the Superbowl wasn't enough, enjoy playing there 8 times a year next season and beyond!

On trading back, It makes a ton of sense for us as Denver is in need for a QB. Several teams likely will want to jump them to get at a QB, should one fall. This might give us several potential trade partners. We could always move back 3-4 spots, still get the guy we want and grab a pick in next years draft or get another 2nd or 3rd that we could then leverage some of our lower picks to move up in the 2nd round to get a couple guys GMan really wants.

This draft in some sense might be more interesting for Panthers fans than the last couple. Could be a bit of movement.

With high profile college QB's like Cook, Hackenberg, Jones, Lynch and Prescot all expected to be around for picks 30 - 50, I would expect there to be a good amount of movement in that area for anyone who doesn't think they need a QB.

Last edited:
With high profile college QB's like Cook, Hackenberg, Jones, Lynch and Prescot all expected to be around for picks 30 - 40, I would expect there to be a good amount of movement in that area for anyone who doesn't think they need a QB.

Still don't think it would be out of the question for G-man to trade up again.

In his eyes we didn't need 7 picks last year. we probably don't this year either

Still don't think it would be out of the question for G-man to trade up again.

In his eyes we didn't need 7 picks last year. we probably don't this year either

Right. This move would be to trade down to make it easier to trade up. GMan could end up with two high 2nd rounders out of this.

Right. This move would be to trade down to make it easier to trade up. GMan could end up with two high 2nd rounders out of this.

Yeah the only trading down I see is probably happening on draft day when teams start to panic.

The thing I don't know is if we trade to get higher up in 1, or trade down and try to move some of our 3-4-5 picks to move higher in round 2

Also traded for Olsen. Drafted TD and CJ. Wasn't all bad.

Other first round picks include J-Stew and Jeff Otah. Also, I think he created the fiasco where we didn't have a first round pick and then took Everette Brown in the second.

Drafted rayan Kalil #59 overall.

His drafts were solid to good overall. Not as good as Gettleman's though. Where Hurney failed was contracts.

Here's a trade that would work with the Browns:

Browns receive: 30th
Panthers receive: 32nd and 141st (2nd pick in the 5th)

Possible trade to move up in the 2nd

Panthers receive: pick 45-50
Panthers give up: 62nd, 93rd, 168th

This would give the Panthers the following picks: 32nd, 45-50, 129th, 141st, 252nd.

GMan could then package the 129th and 141st picks to move up to the mid-4th. If that happened, the draft picks would be high 2nd, mid 2nd, mid 4th, and next to last. That would work.

Or we could just draft guys to compete with our roster. Going to be fun watching it unfold.

Last edited:
The only downside with making the trade down to the top of the 2nd is that you lose an extra year of control that you have for 1st round picks.

Saints somehow making a push for Norman. I guess they figured they're already in cap hell so why not make it worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They have the second least cap space in the NFL at around 3 million and have 30 million in dead money for the upcoming season. Sure, go for it Saints and Josh just to stick it to the Panthers.

I mean of course you need to see guaranteed numbers but this initially is all the lols

@RapSheet
Josh Norman has signed a 5-year contract with the #Redskins worth $75M, source said.

But realistically, he should bet the first three, whatever that is. I wish he were still on the Panthers on a three-year deal at 13 mil per (because that's awesome and that's what he's worth), but that's part of the game.

They need to fill up that Panthers shop at the stadium with Boykin jerseys.

@RapSheet
Josh Norman's 5-year, $75M deal with the #Redskins includes $50M in guarantees, source said. Wow.

50 million? That's QB money. Good for Josh man but... WOW washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back