• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good God. They think he's Champ Bailey or Darrell Green or something.

There was a redskins fan in my office yelling about how they stole him all day like they just signed cam newton

I mean of course you need to see guaranteed numbers but this initially is all the lols

@RapSheet
Josh Norman has signed a 5-year contract with the #Redskins worth $75M, source said.

Damn son. Gotta start calling him Bruce Wayne now.

That's awesome. Been awhile since the Skins had a player I like.

Good for Josh and good for the OBJ-Norman rivalry we all need

Good for Josh but that's an LOL bad contract

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MikeGarafolo
Josh Norman gets $51m over the first three years of a five-year deal that is worth $75m total. Now the highest paid CB in the NFL.

With 50 million guaranteed, contract is more like 17 million a year for 3 years. Better than Revis in his prime money.

And this should definitely net the Panthers a 2017 3rd round comp pick if GMan plays it correctly.

That's just fucking crazy. And dumb.

We should be able to find a CB for 11 million to do his job.

Redskins might have to cut Chris Culliver now, he's a good zone corner.

How bad is the cap hit going to be on the back end of this contract ?

But I guess it just goes to show you that the Carolinas are still Washington DC football team country.

Norman's contract is $14M more than Luke's.

Yeah. No way that was happening.

Would be hilarious if we signed culliver and he has a better season than Josh in our system

Let's not get too carried away, and remember that teams avoided throwing to Josh's side of the field for the last 15 games this year.

I don't fault not giving him the $$ and I have doubts about whether Norman will maintain his form of the last year and a half, but he will not be easy to replace

Pretty much.

Let's see what GMan has in store. Bene could cash in that unfulfilled promise and step right into Norman's role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back