• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty down on this offseason but ealy trade registers pretty low. he had a great super bowl and a pretty crappy career as a panther.

we paid matt kalil stupid money and i'm not still sure why, our starting RT has been in the concussion protocol for 6 months and i'm super worried about the WR corps. i now want corey davis at #8 but doubt that will happen.

Last edited:
All the rushers had a great Super Bowl. The field was like ice.

look at this dude's highlights. nothing but tough catches and YAC. we need that element in the offense badly, we have the worst YAC guys in the league. this is a deep RB class, don't have to go Fournette at 8.

Apparently GMs are interested in trading for Tre Boston.

The comparison of cooks for moss is downfield threat, both atlanta and the Texans took away the patriots short passing crossing game, to do that you cheat everyone up. To get around that you take someone that can fly, cooks. Also he is completely interchangeable into quick slants and the slot position. The perfect new offensive toy for Belichick.

Now back to the Panthers and Chris Scott.

Cooks is not a top 10, much less a top 5, WR

He got all of his numbers in 3 games and stunk the rest of em

Well I guess we'll go by feelings instead of numbers...because he was 14th in yards 2 yrs ago and 7th last year. He averaged 15ypc last year which was 14th in the NFL....#1 was Chris Hogan for New England.

All I'm saying is he is a clear upgrade for them and worthy of a #1 pick.

Well I guess we'll go by feelings instead of numbers...because he was 14th in yards 2 yrs ago and 7th last year. He averaged 15ypc last year which was 14th in the NFL....#1 was Chris Hogan for New England.

All I'm saying is he is a clear upgrade for them and worthy of a #1 pick.

and i'm saying he only broke 100yds in 3 games, got 502 out of his total 1,173 yds in those 3 games, and 5 of his 8 tuddys. Very boom or bust. Michael Thomas was the more reliable receiver for them last year.

I have no facts to back this up, but I'm pretty sure that Remmers was the worst LT in the NFL last year. That dude sucks. Anybody remember the superbowl against the Broncos? How was Remmers in that game? Answer- terrible.

I give:
M. Forte - RB - 60.60
K. Drake - RB - 17.70
A. Humphries - WR - 36.60
TOTAL: 114.90

I get:
J. Howard - RB - 30.00
A. Cooper - WR - 43.80
M. Wheaton - WR - 12.20
TOTAL: 86.00

Panthers now have two Charles Johnsons - DE and WR
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article138198538.html

When Panthers signed Mike Adams, some called about Tre
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/panthers-fielded-calls-about-safety-tre-boston/

So we basically traded Minnesota Remmers for Kalil? Won that one.

I was listening on the radio to the Minnesota game a few years ago. Mick Mixon (??? or the other radio dude) got confused by having two Charles Johnsons on the field. He remarked "there are Johnsons everywhere on the field."

Eugene busted into laughter on the radio and could not stop for some time.

Talking heads on ESPN yesterday stated Panthers had few holes and thought they should go after a) a backup plan for Keachley or b) a running back such as Fournette. Lots of talk on the last few pages about a WR. Thoughts?

We have LBs

I think our biggest hole is more OL depth, specifically at tackle and a vet WR with sure hands

In the draft, id love to see us go after more OL depth, RB and DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back