• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to upgrade the CB position as he just let one of the best cover corners in the league get away to the Redskins! There aren't many like Norman and he let him go in a pissing contest of dabbing proportions.

#SCOOOOOOOOOOOP

I think my ideal day today would be some combination of Fuller/Alexander in the 2nd and Cyrus Jones/Hunter Henry in the third. Mock drafts are all over the place with where they have these 4 guys going, so who knows who is actually going to be around.

It doesn't look as though many teams are looking to go OT in the 2nd round, so maybe GMan can find a guy who fell too far. It would be nice if we don't have to toss a rookie at left tackle if Oher isn't around in 2017.

Last edited:
JNo has the same cap number as Cam Newton in the 2017 season, $20,000,000.

JNo has the same cap number as Cam Newton in the 2017 season, $20,000,000.

Exactly. No way GMan was going to give Norman a contract $13M more than Luke and pay him the same as Cam in any year.

lol Gettleman just claimed a DT off waivers from the Dolphins. Robert Thomas, 6-3 325. I wonder if Rivera can scheme a way to get 11 DTs out there on defense.

lol Gettleman just claimed a DT off waivers from the Dolphins. Robert Thomas, 6-3 325. I wonder if Rivera can scheme a way to get 11 DTs out there on defense.

9 DTs plus TD and Luke. I think we get a free DT with a couple more punches on the card.

FWIW, Bob McGinn had Butler categorized as a DE, and rated as the #3 prospect in that category, ahead of Dodd, Lawson, and Ogbah. Here's his write-up:

3. VERNON BUTLER, Louisiana Tech (6-3 ½, 325, 5.23, 1): Can play anywhere across the front. “He wore a single-digit jersey, No. 9, that really made him stand out in terms of his movement skills,” said one scout. “I wouldn’t classify him as a grinder type of D-lineman. He really relies on his athletic ability. He’s got a lot of potential.” Finished with 170 tackles (29 ½ for loss) and 5 sacks. “He’s got some quickness for a big man,” said a second scout. “He’s more of a nose but he has some movement skills. He can push the pocket and get an edge on occasion.” Long arms (35). From Summit, Miss. “His body balance, bend, acceleration is very good,” a third scout said. “He’s a big finesse athlete. This year, he used his hands much better and played with better strength. He’s a little bit of a goofball, in a good way. Not a bad kid. Athletic as hell. You need the right D-line coach and then coach the crap out of him.”

4 picks in the second round, 3 guys likely off our board. Not how I wanted to see this round start.

I thought we got a conditional 3rd for Norman, but only see us with one pick. Did we not have a normal pick that round?

Ok ESPN needs to cut the shit.

This fucking pissing contest with Kiper and McShay has gotten out of hand...ESPN has shown like 2 picks and are either at commercial, showing highlights of 2 picks ago, or trying to talk over each other and the blaring music in the background for the rest of the picks.

They just went to commercial AS the commissioner was announcing the pick.

The announcers are speaking at a ridiculously fast pace to try to get all their stupid facts or tidbits in to sound smarter...they're removing all analysis and enjoyment.

There have been 2-3 trades already and absolutely no announcement or display of what was traded or between what teams or who gave up what.

This is absurdly annoying, might as well just watch the draft cast or read the picks instead.

Fuck. Why didn't we trade up?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Vonn Bell would be good value at the end of the second round, although I'd rather have a corner than a safety..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back