• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word from camp is that CMC and Samuels looked good and plenty fast. Apparently CMC can't do anything with the Panthers until Jun 9 because Stanford is on the quarter system.

I don't understand this NFL rule. CMC isn't enrolled in school but still can't participate because there is school still going on.

Brandon Beane going back to Buffalo for another interview

I don't understand this NFL rule. CMC isn't enrolled in school but still can't participate because there is school still going on.

I assume it's to encourage draft picks to figure the school year like Shaq did.

I'm concerned that dude needs to be shamed into staying in playing shape.

I think it's bullshit, and that he was never in THAT much trouble, and is just doing what everyone who comes in "a little overweight" does, working out.

It's ridiculous and pathetic to "fat-shame" a professional athlete, or anyone for that matter.

Horrible article.

I would have appreciated public shaming of Lafell and Ginn for being unable to catch passes.

Fat shaming is OK in pro sports considering that's your job to maintain weight. I wish I could get publicly shamed as compared to fired for not doing my job.

Yeah. KB's job is to be physically fit enough to run routes, catch balls, and block against the best athletes in the world. That's a full time job. It doesn't start four months after the season ends.

When was the last game, end of December? How's it even possible to gain 30 lbs in 4 months, a whole pizza at every meal and glued to the couch? You basically have to try to gain weight to get that much.

When was the last game, end of December? How's it even possible to gain 30 lbs in 4 months, a whole pizza at every meal and glued to the couch? You basically have to try to gain weight to get that much.

Not if your body would normally weigh that amount but you have been burning a shitpile of calories and been restrictive in your diet during the season.

To me it seems easier to maintain weight and CV endurance than keep losing it and gaining it every year. You'd think these guys would at least be on an off-season maintenance program: run a little, lift a little, eat right.

Not if your body would normally weigh that amount but you have been burning a shitpile of calories and been restrictive in your diet during the season.

Right so you must have to go fully off the wagon and eat like shit + don't move to get there. Like at least put forth a little effort so you don't need to desperately sweat weight in saunas when you come back to OTAs

I fully expect Kennedy Meeks to weigh 400 pounds by 2019

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I'm saying, there was never any solid proof that the guy weighed anywhere close to 280, and yet people kept reporting it like it was fact, and so when he does what every athlete does to get back in playing shape, people come up with articles saying he was "fat-shamed" into doing it. That's ridiculously disrespectful and just a jackass move.

Wait until you SEE that he is actually that badly out of form before stating it as fact.

280 was probably a guess based on the fact he plays at above 250 and if he looked noticeably bigger with clothes on, he'd be at least 270 or so.

Bout time for a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back