• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah seriously. If he was so visibly overweight it had to have been relatively significant poundage.

The guy's a pro athlete and has a history of loafing. So any benefit of the doubt is toast.

There were some pics of Kelvin and the other WRs working out the week before the draft

He looked fine

These guys are expected to stay within a weight range (usually or around 3 pounds of their ideal weight) or they automatically get fined. Most dudes would just get cut if they were that overweight, cry me a river over Rivera having the audacity to admit he was a little heavy. KB is certainly not a victim and he seems to have taken the message well

I got an alert with a new story that repeats the same story from last week. Rivera says KB is working hard to lose weight.

Assume the 30 pounds of weight gain. Also it's been roughly 125 days since the end of the season. A pound of fat is essentially 3500 calories. So he needed 105000 calories total gained in 125 days or 840 surplus calories a day. At his height and weight he has a basal metabolic rate of 2500 calories a day. So in the last 125 days it looks like he has been hitting about 3350 calories a day, and we need to assume no working out or excessive movement. If we include that we are looking at the 4,000-4500 calories a day range.

Good luck to Brandon. Bring a heavy coat.

Assume the 30 pounds of weight gain. Also it's been roughly 125 days since the end of the season. A pound of fat is essentially 3500 calories. So he needed 105000 calories total gained in 125 days or 840 surplus calories a day. At his height and weight he has a basal metabolic rate of 2500 calories a day. So in the last 125 days it looks like he has been hitting about 3350 calories a day, and we need to assume no working out or excessive movement. If we include that we are looking at the 4,000-4500 calories a day range.

Ugh, 4K calories isn't a lot? A pack of Ramen noodles is 600 calories.

I'm guessing it was more like 20 lbs. and he was at 255-260 by the end of the season.

I like how 4000 calories isn't a lot to smidger. If you eat 4000 calories a day and don't work out you will gain a pound every two- three days, it's a fucking lot.

It is a lot, but it's not THAT hard to do. That's three meals with 1000 calories plus some snacks and drinks. I've sure all of us have eaten 4000 calories in day a few times in our lives.

Oh yeah not hard to do at all, especially if you eat out which I assume most athletes do when they are trying to enjoy the offseason. The problem is doing that when your job is dependent on it. Like the ridiculous Eddie Lacy weight incentives. Your job is to be an athlete you shouldn't need 55k to be at 255lbs in may then get 110,000 in June and August if you can lose 5 pounds in the month of May and be 250. It's insane.

lol at Smidge using Ramen as an example. The more likely cause is drinking. Drinking heavily will get you to 4K calories really quick, and athletes have insane tolerances.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back