• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
This board had overwhelming trust and support for him, was that a pretty widespread sentiment with panthers fans?

Maybe too much #ingettlemanwetrust going on

This board had overwhelming trust and support for him, was that a pretty widespread sentiment with panthers fans?

Hard to argue with the results under his tenure, but it's arguable how much credit he is/was due for all of them. His personality was a double edged sword in my opinion - he is brash and speaks his mind and treats the business side of the game as just that (with seemingly little to no regard for anything other than potential future performance), but at the same time I wonder how much it affected the players or if it ever jeopardized signing or re-signing free agents (it certainly lost us Josh Norman)

I really dislike Richardson. The Norman decision was probably correct. He wanted to be paid like the best corner in the league, and he proved he was far from it.

I really dislike Richardson. The Norman decision was probably correct. He wanted to be paid like the best corner in the league, and he proved he was far from it.

The Norman decision was crazy. There was absolutely no reason not to franchise tag him and get one more year out of him when we had the cap space to cover it. After the tag if he wants to get a yuge contract, then you let him leave.

The Norman decision was crazy. There was absolutely no reason not to franchise tag him and get one more year out of him when we had the cap space to cover it. After the tag if he wants to get a yuge contract, then you let him leave.

Yup

I wonder if it's connected to the Greg Olsen situation.

He told Thomas Davis you've lost a step (or two) and can't command a raise.

JR loves his players. Even to the detriment of the franchise.

Somewhere this is a middle ground between JR's player friendly approach and Gett's cold, hard truth.

I hope he found out from the news instead of personally being told. Piece of shit.

So seems that Gettleman wanted to run the team the way successful franchises do where it's a cold calculated business and Richardson was all about player feelings.

So seems that Gettleman wanted to run the team the way successful franchises do where it's a cold calculated business and Richardson was all about player feelings.

Well, that and not leaving your franchise QB and league MVP with an incompetent OL and no WR for 2 years, one of which he still somehow got us to the Super Bowl. Plus we're still $16 million under the cap. Get someone who isn't afraid to pay people (note, not overpay) and make some free agent splashes.

Well, that and not leaving your franchise QB and league MVP with an incompetent OL and no WR for 2 years, one of which he still somehow got us to the Super Bowl. Plus we're still $16 million under the cap. Get someone who isn't afraid to pay people (note, not overpay) and make some free agent splashes.

Owners close to dying probably think spending free agent money is the way to win immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back