• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that Olsen and TD are smiling today. Olsen is about to get Steph Curry money and TD will be extended through 2025. I have very little sympathy for Olsen. I've lost a lot of respect for him actually. I disagreed with some of the things G-Man did, but not his stance on renegotiating Olsen's contract that still has two years left on it.

I know that Olsen and TD are smiling today. Olsen is about to get Steph Curry money and TD will be extended through 2025. I have very little sympathy for Olsen. I've lost a lot of respect for him actually. I disagreed with some of the things G-Man did, but not his stance on renegotiating Olsen's contract that still has two years left on it.

Is this a parody? I don't see it on the parody list. Mods?

On the second part doe, Olsen really should be mad at his agent. He had proven himself by the time he signed this deal -- his 2014 numbers aren't really different from his 2015 or 2016 ones.

And they should've foreseen the big $$$ to TEs coming down the pike. Charles Clay got his deal a couple weeks later and Graham had already been paid by that point

Last edited:
Yeah, we just need a figurehead to take us to the end of 2017.

TD and Olsen will big their contracts, let's just hope Hurney doesn't give them TOO much money

If the team (Gettleman's team) gets back in the playoffs or even makes it to the Super Bowl, you don't think Richardson will be on such a playoff high that he'll name Hurney permanent GM and give him full control of the checkbook again? You can write that shit down. Winning this year will be the worst thing that could happen, they need to tank this season or be really fucked long term. No way will he dump Hurney after a decent season.

This confirms we'll win the SB and hurney will get a 20 year deal

The man who was fired for signing aging vets to ridiculous contracts, is rehired specifically to sign vets to dumb contracts. Awesome. It's time for JR to pass on, on.

The Big Cat dying is going to be about the worst thing to ever happen to Panthers fans.

Some tweets from the press conference.

All from @SteveReedAP
Marty Hurney said he returns to the Panthers with a different perspective. Says he wouldn't have come if he didn't think he could help.

Marty Hurney said his first order of his business is to meet with Ron Rivera, then with staff.

Hurney said biggest thing is making sure analytical part of his brain works the emotional part of his thinking.

"When emotional part takes over that is not good." -- Hurney. He was talking about mistakes he made in his first time around as GM.

Hurney made it clear he is here on an interim basis. Will help in hiring process of new GM after the season is compete.

Hurney said he didn't talk a lot to Jerry Richardson after he left the team. But said it was like reuniting with an old friend.

Hurney wouldn't directly address questions about whether extending TD and Olsen is at the top of his priority list.

Ron Rivera says Marty Hurney is the "right guy for the job."

Has Hurney been doing anything since? If not pretty telling. Kinda like Grobe and Dino.

If Big Cat dies before he sells the team it might be a problem

Team will be sold within two years of Jerry's death. Probably to a billionaire from out of town who never dreamed of having a team in the Carolinas. Stadium will be 30 - 35 years old. Everyone is going to get bent over for a new 1.5 - 2.0 billion dollar stadium.

And Richardson and Morrison were about as gentle with the city/county/state as they could have been when negotiating for improvements to the stadium last go-around. And they didn't get anywhere near the $250 million they sought. They agreed to a six-year tether ending in 2018 with modest buyouts for the next four years.

Last edited:
Has Hurney been doing anything since? If not pretty telling. Kinda like Grobe and Dino.

I think he's been on NFL Network.

Wikipedia says he does Charlotte radio.

Team will be sold within two years of Jerry's death. Probably to a billionaire from out of town who never dreamed of having a team in the Carolinas. Stadium will be 30 - 35 years old. Everyone is going to get bent over for a new 1.5 - 2.0 billion dollar stadium.

And Richardson and Morrison were about as gentle with the city/county/state as they could have been when negotiating for improvements to the stadium last go-around. And they didn't get anywhere near the $250 million they sought. They agreed to a six-year tether ending in 2018 with modest buyouts for the next four years.

It will be just around the time everyone forgets what happened to the Chargers and agrees that San Diego needs a football team.

Some tweets from the press conference.

All from @SteveReedAP
Marty Hurney said he returns to the Panthers with a different perspective. Says he wouldn't have come if he didn't think he could help.

Marty Hurney said his first order of his business is to meet with Ron Rivera, then with staff.

Hurney said biggest thing is making sure analytical part of his brain works the emotional part of his thinking.

"When emotional part takes over that is not good." -- Hurney. He was talking about mistakes he made in his first time around as GM.

Hurney made it clear he is here on an interim basis. Will help in hiring process of new GM after the season is compete.

Hurney said he didn't talk a lot to Jerry Richardson after he left the team. But said it was like reuniting with an old friend.

Hurney wouldn't directly address questions about whether extending TD and Olsen is at the top of his priority list.

Ron Rivera says Marty Hurney is the "right guy for the job."

Well, he is certainly saying all the right things. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back