• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those prices haven't been since in a pro stadium since the 70s. That's shocking. I hope they can accommodate the increase in concessions.

So he can trade the third round pick to move up two slots

Does not compute as that will likely be the second of back to back picks.

Just never understood why the Panthers made zero adjustments at half time? Why not some short passes to counter the rush? It was just a matter of time before Cam got killed trying to pass deep. Use Olsen for quick outs. I guess I am saying adopt the Denver game plan, :)

I don't think our offense was as bad as people remember. Our real strength in the regular season was converting on a high percentage of opportunities, not racking up a ton of yards. Without looking, i'd imagine our offensive numbers weren't that far off from season averages (other than the score obviously), it's just we stalled in multiple situations with fumbles, dropped passes and a missed FG.

I don't think our offense was as bad as people remember. Our real strength in the regular season was converting on a high percentage of opportunities, not racking up a ton of yards. Without looking, i'd imagine our offensive numbers weren't that far off from season averages (other than the score obviously), it's just we stalled in multiple situations with fumbles, dropped passes and a missed FG.

They were not that bad. If you just remove 2-3 of the turnovers, panthers win the game. While it didn't feel like it, the game was really close. 16-10 midway in the 4th quarter. Take 1 turnover away and somehow get a TD and the outcome could have been very different.

Specific stats:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_50#Box_score

Panthers had 315 total yards of offense vs Denvers 194.

The biggest difference in the game, 3 fumbles lost by the panthers and 102 yards on penalties.

That's as i remember it. I never got the feeling we were out of that game, just that we needed a couple breaks that we never got.

Also, i've waited till now to bitch about this, but they were offsides MANY times that was never called, including plays that resulted in sacks and TFLs. This is a trend i've noticed throughout the league that needs to be cleaned up. I know the league loves sacks and big plays, but Tackles are held to a much higher standard as far as false starts are concerned. Insert crying Jordan.

And don't forget the flukey as hell punt return. And JNo dropping two picks (tbf they weren't easy catches, just ones we were accustomed to him making). Ridiculous bad breaks in that game.

Wait, what the hell, why did we cut Boykin?? Everybody was talking about what a great signing that was!

We gave the Super Bowl away. On a silver platter.

Sucks, but "it is what it is"

We gave the Super Bowl away. On a silver platter.

Sucks, but "it is what it is"

Completely agree. And I realize I come off as a ridiculous homer with this statement, but you play that game 10 times we win 9 of them. The way the SB actually played out was about the worst combination of missteps and bad luck that could possibly have happened. I hate feeling like we were the better team and lost.

They were not that bad. If you just remove 2-3 of the turnovers, panthers win the game. While it didn't feel like it, the game was really close. 16-10 midway in the 4th quarter. Take 1 turnover away and somehow get a TD and the outcome could have been very different.

Specific stats:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_50#Box_score

Panthers had 315 total yards of offense vs Denvers 194.

The biggest difference in the game, 3 fumbles lost by the panthers and 102 yards on penalties.

Take one turnover away or just have decent officiating on one called turnover.

Did the NFL ever explain how the hell you can't catch a ball that never hits the ground?

Did the NFL ever explain how the hell you can't catch a ball that never hits the ground?

Goodell doesn't care. Adam Silver would have apologized and publicly flogged the ref.

Completely agree. And I realize I come off as a ridiculous homer with this statement, but you play that game 10 times we win 9 of them. The way the SB actually played out was about the worst combination of missteps and bad luck that could possibly have happened. I hate feeling like we were the better team and lost.

The one thing they had on us -- granted, a big thing -- was their pass rush against our O-line. We hadn't seen anything in the same galaxy as Ware/Miller/Phillips all season so I guess we thought our pass pro would keep working as it did basically all year, but clearly it did not.

But still, if we were only dealing with the pass rush and didn't make mistakes I think we win, and same if we had made the same mistakes while neutralizing their pass rush. The combo of the two proved fatal

Vic Beasley warned them.

Not sure about this Boykin cut when we sign some no name Shaquille Richardson on the same day....

Gman is weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back