• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
Short article on ESPN talking about the growth of Funchess in the first three practices this offseason. I'm just thinking about the lineup of Benjamin, Olsen, Funchess, Ginn, and Philly…if they all can stay healthy that creates huge matchup problems with height and speed. Cam should have a bigger year with all five of them.

Wait till you see the rejuvenated Stephen Hill !!

You always have to hype up one relatively unknown or underperforming player every year, and I'm sure Hill is the one this year.

Fletcher Cox got $63 guaranteed over 6 years. Looks like KK is gonna be expensive.

Fletcher Cox got $63 guaranteed over 6 years. Looks like KK is gonna be expensive.

Unfortunately starting to seem like we won't be able to keep him long term. If Butler works out we'll have some options for the upcoming years, but I'd hate to let another very talented defensive player walk.

Perhaps we pay KK and let Star walk. This is the back end of drafting well.

The radio this morning was saying sources are saying Gman's max for Short is $15/year whereas he wants $17/year. That is probably being fed to the media to begin the game of chicken with Short, knowing that Gman wasn't afraid with Norman. But honestly I wouldn't let Short walk for $2 million, he is the third most important player on that team and a pretty unique talent. Split the difference and get him signed.

I'm not sure what Gman is saving all that cap space for if not KK. No chance he spends any real money on a marquee free agent.

Not resigning Norman was disappointing but was at least defensible. KK is the ideal kind of guy you lock up - entering his prime, all pro talent, homegrown. There's a fine line between frugality and cheapness.

Rivera was quietly given a raise and 1 year extension this spring. Now in top 10 in NFL HC salaries at over 6 million a year. Under contract through the 2018 season.

Rivera was quietly given a raise and 1 year extension this spring. Now in top 10 in NFL HC salaries at over 6 million a year. Under contract through the 2018 season.

Hard to argue with that move. I'm surprised Rivera's agent couldn't get him more tbh. At this point: A: He just won NFL COTY B: Just went to the super bowl C: Seems to get along really well with G-Man and the stars on the team D: It would likely be a big mistake to shake things up in the coaching department with Cam and Luke being in the middle of their primes.

Solid work, as always, from Gettleman.

Yeah but I'm sure those sweet Felix Sabates and ADT commercials give him enough extra cash flow to make up for it. ADT just re-upped him and Luke a month or two ago for another 3 years I think.

GMan would have no problem finding another coach if Rivera walked. That factors into things.

$9.5 guaranteed. My biggest worry this season is that Oher and Remmers just got plain exported in the SB and it will be a more of a worry in the regular season. They'll get tested early though.

$9.5 guaranteed. My biggest worry this season is that Oher and Remmers just got plain exported in the SB and it will be a more of a worry in the regular season. They'll get tested early though.

Meh, there is only one team with Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back