• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2016 Panthers Thread: MOVING ON

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty excited about the WR situation. Assuming KB, Funchess, Ginn, and Philly make the roster, one spot is going to Hill, Garrett, Byrd, or somebody who performs big in camp.

I think Byrd has been working with some first team reps and as Buckets said Hill is getting some work all over.

#1 scoring offense in the NFL from last year replaces Jericho Cotchery with Kelvin Benjamin. I don't think we lost any other player on offense.
Is this true about the losses? Pretty amazing if so

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I think the only other one is team decided not to bring back backup OG Amini Silatolu. But other than that not only all the starters I also think all the reserves are back. Entire starting offensive line is back with the same reserves minus Amini and replaced by Gino Gradkowski, all the RBs, all the WRs except Cotchery who the team declined to bring back and replaced by KBs return, Olsen and his backup HOF Dickson, and of course the MVP and both his backups.

I think we might hold on to one less RB this year and add one more WR. I'd say it's a battle between Fozzy and Wegher for the last spot.

Last edited:
Wegher is ripping up OTAs

I like his potential more than fozzy

Anyone else watch All In with Cam? My kids loved it.

we watched it. my wife loves all the Cam kids stuff and thought the show was cute, but she said he was hella awkward on camera. I'm sure he did a bunch of takes. it's like him in press conferences vs videos of him just naturally interacting with kids -- a world of difference.

Gettleman hasn't handed out many blockbuster contracts. Cam and Luke obviously got paid, but even those look like a bargains at this point considering their impact.

DG obviously believes in depth at DL, and i'm not sure sinking a ton of money in to a rotational player, no matter how good he is, is a great idea. But i could also see KK getting paid. So who knows. Good think we drafted Vernon is all i know.

Kalil now extended through 2018, and his cap hit lowered, so we have even more money to play with

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Nice offseason hype article and interview with Funchess.
http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...d-season/7e412881-32dd-4968-a0cc-3d37a3bf5958

"(The game) started to slow down back in the second half of last season," Funchess said. "Everything is coming to me a lot more smoothly. Everything is second nature to me."

It struck me how many Panthers will probably be taken in the first half of most fantasy drafts. Cam, Olsen, KB, J-Stew are locks. Funchess and Ginn are very likely. Tolbert will be taken late in deeper drafts. We haven't had that many obvious weapons in a long time.

was so pumped about my keeper pick of KB last year.

I kept Cam this year...hopefully not bad karma.

Butler looks ridiculous

I wonder if that prompted Kawann to want a new deal now

Butler looks ridiculous

I wonder if that prompted Kawann to want a new deal now

Not sure. Seems more of a reason to play nice and take the first offer if he wants to stay a Panther. Butler-Star makes a fine interior DL and is much cheaper.

With all the CTE stuff coming out a player would be dumb to "want to stay" anything. Get all the money you can while you can.

With all the CTE stuff coming out a player would be dumb to "want to stay" anything. Get all the money you can while you can.

I disagree for the same reason. If a player is happy with the practice, training, medical staff, playing time/rotation, and he feels he has the best chance to have a long happy career in one franchise as opposed to another, he should try to stay. The fact that the Panthers didn't rush back arguably the best defensive player in the league last year would be a reason for a player worried about CTE to stay a Panther. For KK, adding Butler helps lower his reps as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back