• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2016 Pit Fantasy Football League One* The End.

Yeah. Like I said, all your choices made sense. I didn't watch any games or highlights yesterday. Was Fleener injured? Two points for a starting in a 48-41 game is just hard to believe.

Don't think so. He's been hit or miss all year long.

Lost in every playoff game I had...the only game I won this weekend was in the stupid consolation bracket for 5th-8th place teams.

After a weekend of upsets, here is the semifinal bracket:

8) slothrop (9-6, 1074.66 regular season points)
5) YoungBuck95 (10-5, 1135.68 regular season points)
Season Series: sloth leads 1-0

3) HailToTheDeacons (10-5, 1282.04 regular season points)
7) RollTheQuad06 (9-6, 1116.33 regular season points)
Season Series: RTQ leads 1-0

Interestingly, both of these matches occurred way back in Week 2. Also, each Division is represented by one team in the semis.

I'm doing a little fantasy reflection. I drafted some solid players (and David Johnson, who is a God) who contributed ALL season. I was lucky to mostly avoid duds, injuries, and suspensions. My first seven picks, and their games started through last weeks QF:

1) David Johnson, RB (14 starts)
2) T.Y. Hilton, WR (14 starts)
3) Julian Edelman, WR (14 starts)
4) Arian Foster, RB (1 start before sucking and then retiring)
5) Frank Gore, RB (13 starts)
6) Matthew Stafford, QB (14 starts)
7) Zach Miller, TE (8 starts before hitting IR)

There were 9 trades completed this season. Most of them were inconsequential, but two definitely stood out:

On October 21st, DeacHawk unloaded Ryan Fitzpatrick for Dak Prescott (from Ghostsurfer). It didn't keep DeacHawk from auto-relegating, nor did it inhibit Ghostsurfer from scoring tons of points (although he did miss the playoffs), but it looks lopsided in hindsight.

Also, there was a major trade on November 1st where PhDeac got ODB, Kyle Rudolph, and Latavius Murray. He gave up Mike Evans, Booker, and Jesse James to WakeForest Fan in return, and yeah...that was trade rape. There's no wonder Ph finished the season REALLY strong.

I bet you can't tell who's bored right now?

After a weekend of upsets, here is the semifinal bracket:

8) slothrop (9-6, 1074.66 regular season points)
5) YoungBuck95 (10-5, 1135.68 regular season points)
Season Series: sloth leads 1-0

3) HailToTheDeacons (10-5, 1282.04 regular season points)
7) RollTheQuad06 (9-6, 1116.33 regular season points)
Season Series: RTQ leads 1-0

Interestingly, both of these matches occurred way back in Week 2. Also, each Division is represented by one team in the semis.

Another interesting tidbit: sloth, RTQ, and myself have won the title before and are looking to be the first repeat Champions.

There were 9 trades completed this season. Most of them were inconsequential, but two definitely stood out:

On October 21st, DeacHawk unloaded Ryan Fitzpatrick for Dak Prescott (from Ghostsurfer). It didn't keep DeacHawk from auto-relegating, nor did it inhibit Ghostsurfer from scoring tons of points (although he did miss the playoffs), but it looks lopsided in hindsight.

Also, there was a major trade on November 1st where PhDeac got ODB, Kyle Rudolph, and Latavius Murray. He gave up Mike Evans, Booker, and Jesse James to WakeForest Fan in return, and yeah...that was trade rape. There's no wonder Ph finished the season REALLY strong.

I was sitting with a buddy at the playground across the street while our kids were playing together talking fantasy. I was telling him how impossible it is to trade in a 20 team league. Then I got this offer from WakeForest Fan. I told my buddy, "Wow, I may have to take this one."

This was a response to a call for a trade to get a decent TE. Booker was about to make his first start and expectations were high. Evans was playing well. OBJ had some injury issues going into his bye week. Murray was in a committee. I was downgrading a bit at WR and RB to pick up a solid TE.

Of course I took the deal because OBJ and Murray had high upsides and Booker was no guarantee. And it saved me from relegation.

And my team sucks ass.

From 9-12-2016; he knew all along.

It's fun to open fantasy stats in the morning thinking "I wonder if I had any players in the game last night" and discovering that I had CJ Anderson and he got 2 TDs and almost tripled his point projection. Surprise!

Wow, I hadn't looked at the other team scores to see that I'm the only one who got over 100. :woot:

I'm sure doofus isn't bitter about getting decimated by a casual fantasy football player.

heh. I'm sure I'll mostly remember who is on my team(s) as the season progresses. I check the stats and set my lineup, but don't pay as much attention to the specific player, just the points and the trends.

From Week 1. Especially pertinent after RTQ beat doofus again in the Quarterfinals.

*2016 Pit Fantasy Football League One* The Final Four

I'm convinced RTQ is a fantasy savant. She's just pulling this whole "I'm just a girl who doesn't really follow football" act to screw with us.

Her 90+ point bye week hell with players nobody has ever heard of was amazing.

She is what Nonny thinks he is.

My team is gonna come back...just wait.

9-27-2016; a glimmer of hope?

The trade offered was:

I give:
M. Forte - RB - 60.60
K. Drake - RB - 17.70
A. Humphries - WR - 36.60
TOTAL: 114.90

I get:
J. Howard - RB - 30.00
A. Cooper - WR - 43.80
M. Wheaton - WR - 12.20
TOTAL: 86.00

Well that's a little silly. Howard didn't get the starting job until last week & it looks to be his going forward.

I did send a one for one offer back.

Edit: after having more time to think about the trade I sent you, I rescinded it. It was Forte for Miller. I think Miller has a lot more value going forward once he starts to find the endzone.

I'm #TeamYoungBuck on this one.

That trade is two starters for one starter. The other players are waiver wire replacement level.

Also, Howard is trending in the right direction while Forte is trending in the wrong one.

Never forget.

Appreciate all the love. It's why I come here.

I'll concede to being the worst fantasy owner on the history of the boards. That was a joke of a trade offer and only further proves my ineptitude. Consider me schooled.

The resignation.

I am 100% sure I'm going to lose to HTTD on a Johnson TD.

He picked up 21.1 points...without a TD. I'm so glad I got him instead of Gurley.

Good win, though. The Poteat division is stacked.

Was this the reason Ph didn't get relegated? Makes you wonder.

And yeah, thank fucking God (David Johnson) I drafted DJ.

RTQ, are you like a fantasy savant?

You got 94 points from what looks like a poor lineup to get through your bye week hell.

11-7-2016; this looks familiar.

It looks like I'll remain the highest scoring team in the league, but fall to 5-4.

fuuuu

So much angst.

I bet you can't tell who's bored right now?

Another interesting tidbit: sloth, RTQ, and myself have won the title before and are looking to be the first repeat Champions.

I will not stand for this. I cannot let this happen.

I'm convinced RTQ is a fantasy savant. She's just pulling this whole "I'm just a girl who doesn't really follow football" act to screw with us.

Her 90+ point bye week hell with players nobody has ever heard of was amazing.

She is what Nonny thinks he is.

I'm just into stats. Don't think I've ever meant to play the clueless girl card, but I also didn't memorize my team during the first week. I've had some good luck weeks like that bye week but once my first two picks died for the season it all went downhill.

My trading of Dak was a huge mistake (not affecting my team, but not helping my team...). I was in bye week trouble and shot out 5 offers with Fitz being the least attractive. DeacHawk lived up to his name and swooped in before I could recall that offer and wait for the others to reply. I wished it would helped his team more as i love to make/talk trades. I wish i could have pulled off PH's deal!

Strange how Booker just disappeared and Evans limped into the playoffs as his owners limped out. Damn, I wish i would have had one more solid week.

Well it's been fun. Looks like my reign of catching people on an off week is coming to an end. Everybody but Cousins essentially sucked for me today.

i have no business coming anywhere near playing for a championship with this team

i have no business coming anywhere near playing for a championship with this team

Same here. Maybe Tyreek Hill will post 33+ points like he did in his first matchup against Denver & your guys left won't play to projections.

2010 Champ vs. 2014 Champ to decide the 2016 Champ.

Good luck and have fun Sloth.

Best of luck to both of you! It is an impressive feat to navigate the fantasy waters of a 20 team league! need to draft well, make wise pick-ups, stay healthy, and have luck as your friend.

HTTD, you did a fantastic job as Commish and I greatly appreciated your observations and insights on the league all year!

It's all coming down to the last regular season game.

The savior and fantasy god, David Johnson, delivered me to this moment, and I am deeply saddened to see him go early with a gruesome injury after compiling only 44 yards :(

Back