• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

*2016 Pit Fantasy Football League One* The End.

ESPN Breaking News: Nonny has traded his first round pick to SD3 for his second, third, sixth, and seventh round selections.

So Nonny is going to have to fill three positions post-draft in a league that sees almost every remotely good player drafted? Am I reading that correctly? Meanwhile SD3 is going to go over the bench maximum and will have to drop players immediately just to make the trade work?

So Nonny is going to have to fill three positions post-draft in a league that sees almost every remotely good player drafted? Am I reading that correctly? Meanwhile SD3 is going to go over the bench maximum and will have to drop players immediately just to make the trade work?

Well, I will. But yes, that's correct. I really just don't like any of the players in that pick range. Have a few deep sleepers that I feel confident in.

I would be much less worried as SD3 than Nonny over that trade. There is always the occasional sleeper who doesn't get picked up and ends up contributing a little bit in spurts, but waivers and free agency in these leagues are generally very very very limited. To have to immediately find three guys to fill in back up spots/potentially even to start week one is going to be tough right after the draft.

SD3 bitched for two years about wanting to trade draft picks just so he could get destroyed by Nonny?

No wonder Nonny wanted to trade so badly if there were people out there willing to make that trade.

If I need draft advice from the League 2ers I'll come down and ask, thanks though

I would be much less worried as SD3 than Nonny over that trade. There is always the occasional sleeper who doesn't get picked up and ends up contributing a little bit in spurts, but waivers and free agency in these leagues are generally very very very limited. To have to immediately find three guys to fill in back up spots/potentially even to start week one is going to be tough right after the draft.

No wonder you're in League 2. Free agency in this league is very important. It's good to have flexibility at the bottom of the roster anyway. SD3 isn't going to need a starter from free agency anyway. Most likely he'll pick up some RB3 and WR3 who didn't get drafted and have decent upside. I did that before Week 1 two years ago and got rookie Allen Hurns who was a solid bye week fill in. Every year, there are good free agents who come out of nowhere like Gary Barnidge last year.

I think the trade hurts SD3 more than it gives Nonny any edge on the rest of us. Look at their first 6 picks when they're presumably getting their starters:

SD3 has 9, 15, 66, 95, 146, 175
Nonny has: 26, 31, 49, 55, 72, 89

Nonny picks his starters 9 picks before anybody else, but does it without having a Top 25 pick.

I'm wondering why SD3 didn't take the deal Thinking put out there.
Ill trade you my 1st and 3rd round pick for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

SD3 wouldn't have a second 1st round pick, but he'd have the 4th pick. His first 6 picks would be 4, 44, 55, 66, 95, 106.

Meh. After doing all that, I don't think any of it will matter. SD3 will likely find a FA who will give him middle draft level production and Nonny will make a 2-3 bad picks in his first six.

Last edited:
I assume that the trade is a joke, but yes, free agency is very important in this league.

I was pretty happy with the response, and then I saw Ph's post.

Thanks for making our day, man.

No wonder you're in League 2. Free agency in this league is very important. It's good to have flexibility at the bottom of the roster anyway. SD3 isn't going to need a starter from free agency anyway. Most likely he'll pick up some RB3 and WR3 who didn't get drafted and have decent upside. I did that before Week 1 two years ago and got rookie Allen Hurns who was a solid bye week fill in. Every year, there are good free agents who come out of nowhere like Gary Barnidge last year.

I think the trade hurts SD3 more than it gives Nonny any edge on the rest of us. Look at their first 6 picks when they're presumably getting their starters:

SD3 has 9, 15, 66, 95, 146, 175
Nonny has: 26, 31, 49, 55, 72, 89

Nonny picks his starters 9 picks before anybody else, but does it without having a Top 25 pick.

I'm wondering why SD3 didn't take the deal Thinking put out there.

SD3 wouldn't have a second 1st round pick, but he'd have the 4th pick. His first 6 picks would be 4, 44, 55, 66, 95, 106.

Meh. After doing all that, I don't think any of it will matter. SD3 will likely find a FA who will give him middle draft level production and Nonny will make a 2-3 bad picks in his first six.

QFP

I will be happy to make the same trade that Nonny made AND you now get the #1 pick in the draft...

Back