• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Atlanta Braves Thread: Acquired Brandon Phillips, Pitchers & Catchers rpt SOON

Touki went 8 IP and didn't issue a walk to tie the series 1-1 for Rome. He has had a great second half. We are unbelievably lucky the DBacks somehow did not know about the IFA tax when they signed Yoan Lopez (who is not good btw).

Newcomb and Mississippi fall into a 0-2 hole. Gwinnett takes game 1 and game 2 just started.

Teheran-Fernandez match up tonight in big league action.

Epic gag by Gwinnett bullpen. Enter bottom of the 9th up 1-0 and go BB, BB, HBP, BB, BB to lose 2-1.

Fucking hell, the Braves no longer affiliated with the Carolina Mudcats. Goddammit.

Seriously, that news really bums me out. Was looking forward to seeing all the young arms in Zebulon next season. Mudcats just can't keep an affiliation, and I think it has hurt their franchise.

Fucking hell, the Braves no longer affiliated with the Carolina Mudcats. Goddammit.

My thoughts exactly when my husband just broke the news to me. :mad:

Atlanta Braves ‏@Braves 19m19 minutes ago
#Braves Moving Their Advanced-A Team to @BCManatees in Kissimmee, Florida. Statement:
ATLANTA, Ga - The Atlanta Braves announced today that the Club's Advanced-A team, formerly the Carolina Mudcats, will move from Zebulon, NC, to Kissimmee, Fla, beginning in 2017.

The Braves and Brevard County Manatees have reached an agreement on a four-year Player Development Contract through the 2020 season. The Advanced-A Manatees are a member of the Florida State League and will move their operation from Brevard County to Osceola County Stadium, in Kissimmee, beginning in 2017.

This will mark the Braves' first entry in the Florida State League since the West Palm Beach Braves were a part of the circuit from 1965 to 1968.

"We are thrilled to reach this agreement with the Manatees," Braves general manager John Coppolella said. "We look forward to returning to the Florida State League and to our second home in central Florida."

The upper level pitching has been by far the biggest disappointment. Teheran has been good and I think Folty has taken a small step forward and everyone else who presumably could have factored into our longer term plans has been abysmal.

Some Braves pitcher (Newcomb?) appeared to be in Keith Law's list of prospects who took a step back this year.

Some Braves pitcher (Newcomb?) appeared to be in Keith Law's list of prospects who took a step back this year.

"I've brought this up before with Newcomb when fans asked why he wasn't ranked higher: He doesn't have even average control, and, given his arm action, which is loose and easy, I don't see an easy path to improvement. He has the three pitches to be an above-average big league starter, but walking a man every other inning -- 12 percent of total batters faced -- isn't going to cut it."

Fried closes it out for Rome. 13ks. They might have the four best in the system.

I don't think Newcomb went backwards but he didn't move forward. Way too many guys issuing free passes from AA up.

Big props to my high school classmate Randy Ingle and his SALLY League champion Rome Braves. Got his 1500th managerial win here not to long ago as well. Local boy does well.

The upper level pitching has been by far the biggest disappointment. Teheran has been good and I think Folty has taken a small step forward and everyone else who presumably could have factored into our longer term plans has been abysmal.

Wisler has had some really good games and some just unbelievably bad games. I think he's got the ability to be a decent big league guy just needs more consistency.

Big props to my high school classmate Randy Ingle and his SALLY League champion Rome Braves. Got his 1500th managerial win here not to long ago as well. Local boy does well.

1500 wins is very impressive. Is that about half a million miles worth of bus rides?

Back