• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

Indiana ain't what it used to be. Not that great of a job.

There's no question that the last 20 years at Indiana have been a big step down from IU's blue blood days. Still, all the things necessary for sustained, high level success remain in place at IU, in terms of facilities, recruiting base, fan base, and history. As is true with any school, it takes the right coach to sustain success. Crean was not that guy.

There's no question that the last 20 years at Indiana have been a big step down from IU's blue blood days. Still, all the things necessary for sustained, high level success remain in place at IU, in terms of facilities, recruiting base, fan base, and history. As is true with any school, it takes the right coach to sustain success. Crean was not that guy.

too much choking in games, not enough choking of players

Yes it is. There a number of great college towns, though, and I wonder if IU can get back what it lost. It's been a long time.

No way to know with certainty but it's got to help to be able to recruit to a place with 5 banners.

If Alford were to pass on IU (doubtful that happens) and Mack were to pass, where would IU turn at that point?

Bloomington is a cool college town, but their boosters and fans are the worst of the worst. Money is meaningful, but it's not everything. If I'm Mack, I use this tournament to double my salary and stay in Cincinnati.

Important note: Siff is married to a Purdue Alum

Important note: Siff is married to a Purdue Alum

True.

I'll be the first to admit that IU's campus is wayyyyy more beautiful than Purdue's. As I said, Bloomington is a great college town (though West Lafayette's Harry's blows away any bar IU can offer).

I lived in Ohio for a few years growing up, and my older sister lived there permanently most of her life, and it's a pretty great place. If your only criterion is Da Beach! then unless you like lake beaches, yeah it won't be your cup o' tea.

if you like fat pasty idiots it's a great place

The funny thing about Georgetown considering Patrick Ewing is all of the "hot takes" I've read and heard that: If you are a high school big, why wouldn't you go play for Patrick Ewing? He'll kill it in recruiting!

Like it is a novelty.

We have a Danny Manning. I'm not saying he's doing a poor job of recruiting... I'm just saying it isn't automatic. And Ewing is even older than Manning. Today's recruits never saw Ewing (or Manning) play.

Back