• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

Butler was also a Horizon League program when it hired Stevens.

Butler fans were not happy when they replaced him with Brandon Miller.

if you like fat pasty idiots it's a great place

G0UDQLP.gif

"Absolutely, 100 percent not going to Indiana," Alford said Friday night after the Bruins were eliminated from the NCAA tournament in an 86-75 loss to Kentucky in the Sweet 16. "Staying at UCLA. I am happy. Love it here. Have a great class coming in and brand-new practice facility. Obviously, I love my alma mater, [but I'm] committed to UCLA. I am not going to talk to Indiana. I am staying a Bruin."

"Absolutely, 100 percent not going to Indiana," Alford said Friday night after the Bruins were eliminated from the NCAA tournament in an 86-75 loss to Kentucky in the Sweet 16. "Staying at UCLA. I am happy. Love it here. Have a great class coming in and brand-new practice facility. Obviously, I love my alma mater, [but I'm] committed to UCLA. I am not going to talk to Indiana. I am staying a Bruin."

Yeah ok.

I would love to see Ewing at Georgetown coaching against Mullin at St. John's.

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Kelsey back to Winthrop)

The Indiana boards are ridiculous. The majority are convinced that Billy Donovan is a sure thing and that their AD should be fired if it doesn't happen. This would be one of the most impressive hires of all time, probably the most impressive actually (therefore a ridiculous bar). Other contenders would be Pitino to Louisville, Calipari to UK, and Roy to UNC (maybe Larry Brown at some point or another but his Wikipedia gives me headaches). Billy has done more in the NCAA than any of those guys (when they were hired by their current programs), but mainly he has been a success in the NBA, will not be fired by OKC anytime soon, and would be able to get another NBA job very quickly. Unless he just hates the NBA, no way he's leaving for Indiana.

There are people saying they would walk away from the program if Archie is hired! Absurd. It isn't even a no brainer that Indiana is the best job open this season.

Last edited:
The Indiana boards are ridiculous. The majority are convinced that Billy Donovan is a sure thing and that their AD should be fired if it doesn't happen. This would be one of the most impressive hires of all time, probably the most impressive actually (therefore a ridiculous bar). Other contenders would be Pitino to Louisville, Calipari to UK, and Roy to UNC (maybe Larry Brown at some point or another but his Wikipedia gives me headaches). Billy has done more in the NCAA than any of those guys (when they were hired by their current programs), but mainly he has been a success in the NBA, will not be fired by OKC anytime soon, and would be able to get another NBA job very quickly. Unless he just hates the NBA, no way he's leaving for Indiana.

There are people saying they would walk away from the program if Archie is hired! Absurd. It isn't even a no brainer that Indiana is the best job open this season.

I would love to see Indiana hire Jeff Bzdicklick to a 5+ year deal.

The Indiana boards are absolutely ridiculous right now, but the vast majority know full well that Donovan remains a long shot. There are some blow hards pushing the idea that it's a done deal and many want to believe it, but you're seriously exaggerating by suggesting the majority view it this way.

And you're nuts if you think IU isn't the best job open this season. That Donovan is a long shot doesn't change that fact.

The Indiana boards are absolutely ridiculous right now, but the vast majority know full well that Donovan remains a long shot. There are some blow hards pushing the idea that it's a done deal and many want to believe it, but you're seriously exaggerating by suggesting the majority view it this way.

And you're nuts if you think IU isn't the best job open this season. That Donovan is a long shot doesn't change that fact.

I don't think it's crazy to suggest that Georgetown and Indiana are broadly in the same tier and some coaches might prefer Georgetown based on recruiting ties, family needs, etc.

Overall I'd put Indiana first but I wouldn't think someone is crazy for putting them the other way around.

Unlike Indiana, G'town's success is completely related to the coach. A mediocre coach can get players to come to IU. G'town was nothing before JTII. If they don't get a top coach, they will be bad again.

Unlike Indiana, G'town's success is completely related to the coach. A mediocre coach can get players to come to IU. G'town was nothing before JTII. If they don't get a top coach, they will be bad again.

Indiana was a better program before Knight than Georgetown was before JT Jr. That's inarguable, but it was also 45 years ago (and it doesn't appear Indiana was a top tier program then). Post-Knight / JT Jr, the programs have had a very similar level of success.

Georgetown is supposed to have great facilities, is in a great conference, and is in the middle of a basketball hotbed, with strong connections to the community. I don't buy that it's that much harder to win or recruit there than Indiana.

Two issues I see for Georgetown: 1) JTIII is supposed to have a huge buyout, could hinder their ability to pay a big name since they don't have P5 football revenue to help out. 2) JT Jr might sabotage the next guy.

Back