• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 College Basketball Coaching Carousel (Matta out at Ohio State)

Bennett has built the Cavaliers’ program around the biblical principles of humility, passion, unity, servanthood and thankfulness. He calls them the “Five Pillars,” which he got from his father, ***, who’s now retired from college basketball coaching.

Dick has been censored!

Back during the * OUGH* Bzd era, our Hoops team was tattoo-less so far as the public knew. Nothing from fingers to shoulders, neck to head, or toe to thigh. 2012.

Didn't [Redacted] lose to PC? Or was that just a bad dream I had?

December 21, 2010*
7:00 pm Presbyterian L 64–66
LJVM Coliseum (9,682[3])
Winston-Salem, NC

Yep! I think the same year as Stetson and William & Mary. All just gorgeous performances.

Unless we lost to them twice, William and Mary was Dino's last year.

Unbelievable that people defended Stetson, etc losses

Justin Bauman has started following several recruits that the other staff members are not following on twitter including one we offered last night. So while we may not have official confirmation of Bauman's promotion yet, it seems like a done deal.

Looks like Justin is doing some recruitin'.

The guys he is following are pretty good, so nice start for Justin if true.

Another thought, and I'm not sure how this works, but if we lose an assistant can somebody else fill in for that role until we hire somebody else? Or is it just tough luck until the actual spot is filled?

That's a great question. Makes sense to have an interim assistant coach during the signing period.

The guys he is following are pretty good, so nice start for Justin if true.

Another thought, and I'm not sure how this works, but if we lose an assistant can somebody else fill in for that role until we hire somebody else? Or is it just tough luck until the actual spot is filled?
Basically, it's tough luck but not really. (See NCAA Bylaw 11.7.1 for the full rules).

If Bauman or someone else were to provide any coaching or do more than clerical work in recruiting, they'd be a countable coach (4 coaches max). But there is an open spot so someone could technically fill it. However, anybody who is involved in recruiting off-campus must have NCAA certification to recruit since there's a lot of recruiting rules that people have to know. So it is tough luck since only recruiting coaches tend to get certified, which means no one on staff is likely eligible.

However, there is an important caveat here: college basketball allows for 4 coaches but only 3 can do off-campus recruiting at any time. Manning and Childress (plus Woodberry) are the biggest off-campus recruiters so the loss of Ballard is likely negated some on the recruiting front. However, it does mean that they have to likely put in extra time on the recruiting trail as there is no 4th guy to take over when one returns to campus.

Also, none of this recruiting stuff likely matters too much right now. However, it'll matter a lot in 1.5 weeks when the open evaluation weekends start but then it could still be Manning, Childress, and Woodberry at the AAU events anyways.

Last edited:
It doesn't sound too hard to get someone certified. Self study and a one hour open (NCAA Rules) book multiple choice and true/false test. Each school has a designated proctor because each recruiting coach (all sports) must retake and recertify annually. Just need the ACC to provide materials and a test date.

Last edited:
I would imagine a DOBO is already certified even if he can't recruit.

Given what appear to be modest requirements for recruiting certification and that the exam is given in campus, adding a few people like the DBO and equivalent positions would seem to be a no brainer to do.

Interesting that Leviticus has a specific prohibition, although it is Old Testament so I'm not sure how much sway it has.

Tatts are the latest thing to go nuts about if you're a bible thumper. Rock music used to be the other and now all the churches have to have "contemporary" services to put butts in seats. About 90% of people between the ages of 20 and 40 are sporting tatts. I think it's a stupid thing to do, but that's because my generation didn't grow up seeing them as necessary. Some of them are pretty cool, but the overwhelming majority are retarded. You're going to have a shitty team year-in and year-out these days if you bar tatted players.

Woodberry started following a high dollar Oral Roberts booster on twitter today.

Back