• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

He flipped from Arkansas State and had offers from schools like App State, Tulane and MTSU. So I doubt he is a preferred walk-on.

App has a good Online, and sure does a great job of evaluating talent so maybe I'm in the minority but if we steal a guy that App wanted late in the recruiting cycle I'm happy about that.

...and Powell also added an offer from Western Michigan.

...and Powell also added an offer from Western Michigan.

This is strange. He seems to be an avid spokesperson with recruits on twitter when they commit to Wake. He hasn't seemed to be wavering to me at all and actually seemed like one of our most sure commitments.

Well this next week and a half just got that much more stressful.

Davontavean Martin (aka Mr Untouchable) committed to Washington State

Powell has seemed really solid the whole time. Getting an offer from an SEC school doesn't necessarily mean that they think they have a shot other than they are probably looking at backup plans themselves and they think an offer from them should outweigh a commitment to Wake. Doesn't mean they are doing it because he's wavering. They may have recruited him the whole time and just now decided to offer since they aren't tracking with another QB recruit like they'd hoped.

We seem to be recruiting well at every position, except OL. That could be a problem. All of our prospects this year look like big project types. Doesn't feel good. I like getting guys like Suhren, Nash, Gilliam, and Herron. Guys that need a little bit of work but will be able to contribute within a year or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking we need to reevaluate our entire strategy on OL, including coaching and recruiting, after this season since it doesn't seem like anything is going to change this year.

why would you be tweeting offers you're getting if you're firmly committed? not a good sign.

Back