• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

I assumed he's local I guess based on the name.

Schools heading to Fayetteville to see Taylor Powell throw this week:

Purdue - yesterday
UCF - today
Mizzou - tomorrow
Alabama - tomorrow or Friday

New Scout interview with Madison Cone gave me the impression that Wake isn't involved at all. I'd be interested to know which side backed off. He has four schools that contact him the most and Wake is not one. He also went over the schools he plans to visit and didn't mention Wake. I may cross him off my list altogether.

According to his dad, Wake is still in frequent contact and there is mutual interest. Not sure why we weren't mentioned in this write up. He's visited Wake a ton and has a direct line to Clawson.

Some recruits and their families really like the wining, dining, attention, trips, and butt kissing that comes with the recruiting process.

I do think he winds up at VT. He likes the thought of playing for Bud Foster.

According to his dad, Wake is still in frequent contact and there is mutual interest. Not sure why we weren't mentioned in this write up. He's visited Wake a ton and has a direct line to Clawson.

Some recruits and their families really like the wining, dining, attention, trips, and butt kissing that comes with the recruiting process.

I do think he winds up at VT. He likes the thought of playing for Bud Foster.

It was a lengthy video interview.

He was asked which schools were recruiting him the hardest. He named 4 schools. No mention of Wake.

He was asked where he planned to visit next. Mentioned three schools. No mention of Wake.

He was asked whether there were any schools that were a lock to make his top 5. He said Duke and Wisconsin. When asked why Duke and Wisconsin had separated themselves from the pack he said it was because of their academic prestige.

I would be very surprised if he chose Wisconsin.

Not so surprised to see him land at dook, but I still think VT.

We are still in contact, so if there has been a cooling off, it's on his side.

I would be very surprised if he chose Wisconsin.

Not so surprised to see him land at dook, but I still think VT.

We are still in contact, so if there has been a cooling off, it's on his side.

Not convinced this is the case.

I like it when three different posters who are in-the-know offer their opinions. Thanks to all of you and please keep up the flow of information and insight.

Let's see. One guy consumes as much information available as possible and admittedly makes educated guesses on what he believes is going on. Another interviews the coaching staff and actual prospects. Finally, we have a jock sniffing, insider wannabe, townie who kidnaps his wife's phone so he can text her friends who are married to area coaches asking for recruiting updates.

Let's see. One guy consumes as much information available as possible and admittedly makes educated guesses on what he believes is going on. Another interviews the coaching staff and actual prospects. Finally, we have a jock sniffing, insider wannabe, townie who kidnaps his wife's phone so he can text her friends who are married to area coaches asking for recruiting updates.

OUCH that's a little harsh, accurate but harsh

Satellite camps are now allowed as the NCAA and the ACC did away their rules against them. I assume this doesn't affect Wake much.

Satellite camps are now allowed as the NCAA and the ACC did away their rules against them. I assume this doesn't affect Wake much.

Agree with you 1/2. Don't think Wake has the resources to have satellite camps.

Schools like Michigan and Ohio State coming to cities like Charlotte might though.

Wake could probably do a Raleigh or CLT camp but this ultimately doesn't help. The SEC and bigger ACC teams will go nuts with this.

OL Will Taylor committed to Duke. He had said recently that Duke and Wake were his top 2.

That's how he made his living at BGSU. Had his whole staff was at Ohio State's camps. You're at a different animal at WFU.

Meh. A lot of his BGSU teams could have beat our Deac teams at that same time. I'm all for the satelitte camps benefitting us.

Back