• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

That doesn't sound good for Wake. Too bad he is in Wisc when the weather is nice, rather than when there are feet of snow on the ground and the wind-chill is in minus numbers.

The weather in Wisconsin is certainly not nice right now, so if he just completed his visit now, weather had nothing to do with it. If it was last Sunday, that would be a different story.

It's a Fellow Position made for graduates who don't have real jobs lined up. Or at least how that's how these things started.

Correct. When the new staff came in, these fellowships were created and are only allowed to last 2 years.

I don't know why WF doesn't grow a pair and pay a guy ~25k/year full time. No idea why the move was made to change these from full time positions to fellowships when the transition occurred. Creates problems with consistently.

Sounds like it.

There is a report that UNC has offered Jamal Riggins

Correct. When the new staff came in, these fellowships were created and are only allowed to last 2 years.

I don't know why WF doesn't grow a pair and pay a guy ~25k/year full time. No idea why the move was made to change these from full time positions to fellowships when the transition occurred. Creates problems with consistently.

Thinking about it more, that should be a full time position that includes analytics. There's more than enough data out there to put together a study of the most under-recruited areas of the country.

Thinking about it more, that should be a full time position that includes analytics. There's more than enough data out there to put together a study of the most under-recruited areas of the country.

100% agree and we had the perfect guy on staff for it in 2013 and 2014. He's now with the Titans.

Who was that?

CB Madison Cone will announce his decision on Friday. Wisconsin is the heavy favorite.

Per Cone's tweet, the 5 final schools are:

Wake
VT
Duke
Wisconsin
Mississippi State

And that's how they were listed on his tweet. I agree, probably Wisconsin.

Interesting to see former App St and NFL RB, John Settle, is the lead recruiter at Wisconsin-Madison Cone.

Cone and Christian Beal will graduate in December and enroll early.

Did we know that about CB?

I saw Beal play when he was in 10th grade and he looked freakishly fast.

Back