• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Sure. But this is Clawson. He clearly has more drive to win than Grobe.

I think the better comparison for Clawson is Duke ascension.

WF dominated Duke when Grobe was the coach, and we regularly beat them when WF and Duke went head to head for recruits (even in Cut's early years). Duke started to win; the program built momentum, and now they are recruiting at an elevated level.

I completely agree with those that say that it is way too early to judge this class. I also think it is hard to evaluate Bowers as a recruit when there is some key info that we don't have. Since he didn't attend a Nike event, we don't have an accurate height/weight to discuss. We also don't know his 40 time or any other combine-type measures. I'd like to be able to post that he's a legit 6'2 with a good 40 time, but we just don't know.

What I do know is that it is good to see RSF posting in the recruiting thread again :)

Everyone agrees winning will improve recruiting. The question is if we will win and how.

Will Clawson ever win with the currently displayed offensive philosophy?

Hopefully, it changes, as some have speculated, when we have better talent, especially at the O-Line. But past comments from old BG folks don't indicate we should expect such change.

Will Clawson ever win with the currently displayed offensive philosophy?

Hopefully, it changes, as some have speculated, when we have better talent, especially at the O-Line. But past comments from old BG folks don't indicate we should expect such change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QrlUjkHf6M

Long video, but Clawson talks about his offensive philosophy. Sounds very formulaic. First and second downs are meant to create manageable third downs. Big plays are always planned. I have kind of gotten the vibe that Clawson, by design, likes slow, methodical drives with only the occasional big play.

I like how I still get emails from scout announcing new commits, and then when you click through the link the webpage shows nothing.

What I do know is that it is good to see RSF posting in the recruiting thread again :)

:)

Yeah, I've been following basketball recrootin' more closely than football lately. I've been reading your stuff, still, and you do as good a job as ever. If you want me to do another big board sometime, lemme know.

:)

Yeah, I've been following basketball recrootin' more closely than football lately. I've been reading your stuff, still, and you do as good a job as ever. If you want me to do another big board sometime, lemme know.

We're ready for the next football big board......a great reference piece.
Thanks in advance.

Can we get a billboard big board?

vfz8ds.jpg

2h505r4.jpg

A few notes on this version of the Board:

I added a double asterisk (**) to indicate recruits that have recently confirmed that they are seriously considering Wake. For the vast majority of recruits that don’t have the asterisk, it just means it’s not clear (no recent articles, or articles weren’t helpful). Some recruits like Emeka Emezie and Victor Dimukeje are thought to be favoring other schools, but got the asterisks because Wake is thought to be their second or third favorite.

I listed Josh Blackwell and recent offeree Ty Hardimon in a DB category. I suspect they are both being recruited as safeties, but both could also project as cornerbacks.

I considered breaking the DLs out between defensive ends and defensive tackles, but it is hard because Brendan Bordner and Dimukeje could project at either. With the exception of those two and DE Mike Allen, I think the rest of the DLs project to play inside at the college level.

Colin Anderson, who had a good visit to Wake on April 1, went on a roll with offers this week. He picked up Tennessee, Maryland and Mississippi State.

Other offers of note this week: Mississippi State offered CB target Troy Simon. Minnesota offered CB target Trey Creamer.

Appreciate the breakdown, 94. Minnesota better back off of my boy Creamer.

Taylor Powell won QB MVP at Rivals Camp in KC this weekend. He's now won a camp MVP at both a Rivals event and a Nike event. No new offers, but now reporting interest from Texas A&M, Duke and Iowa. It will be interesting to see if his gamble pays off.

Thanks for the new big board. Surprised that there aren't any running backs even under consideration. I would think that like QB, there might be one RB in every class. Any idea why no RB's this year?

Taylor Powell won QB MVP at Rivals Camp in KC this weekend. He's now won a camp MVP at both a Rivals event and a Nike event. No new offers, but now reporting interest from Texas A&M, Duke and Iowa. It will be interesting to see if his gamble pays off.

Might be surprising, but I still think we have some interest in Powell.

Thanks for the new big board. Surprised that there aren't any running backs even under consideration. I would think that like QB, there might be one RB in every class. Any idea why no RB's this year?

Christian Beal. Plus Arkeem Byrd was taken as a late add last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy Simon just tweeted that he has picked up an offer from Notre Dame.

Back