• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Why are we talking about a coach being on the hot seat that has just gotten a commitment from possibly the best quarterback prospect to ever commit to Wake Forest?

Clawson has to get the OL figured out. It is playing as bad as it did in 2014. If they can't block, we can't run. If we can't run, the play fake is a joke. Tabbacca will be the fall guy.

Hoping we can start landing on some of our DB targets. Would love to get two of Troy Simon, Trey Creamer or maxwell. I know back in May, Simon mentioned he would make his college decision in a few weeks, then announce on his birthday.

We just got a crystal ball prediction from a Tennessee insider for Caleb Rozar, 3 star safety. Curious to why he made the prediction. Haven't seen much on his interest level with wake

New offers since the last update are highlighted using red font. Some interesting notes follow the Boards.

2hn1hfs.jpg

2ywttlw.jpg

2n7nncx.jpg

Some interesting news this week:

A 247 writer dropped a Crystal Ball prediction for Caleb Rozar (Dickson, TN) to Wake. That came as a surprise to me, but that’s enough for me to immediately add him to my Board. Rozar has offers from schools like UK, UNC and Mississippi State. Some websites have him listed as a safety, but he told an interviewer that Wake is recruiting him at CB.

Wake offered 4-star LB Levani Damuni (Hyrum, UT) yesterday. There are a number of very interesting things about that offer. Given the timing of the offer I doubt that Wake is just fishing for 4-stars. Damuni is ambitious academically and wants a high-end degree. His other P5 offers are Utah, Kansas, Virginia, Oregon State and Vandy – none of those look unbeatable. Colorado recently pulled their offer when they found out that Damuni is planning a mission year. Obviously LB is not a position where I would have expected a new offer, nor would I have expected an offer to go out to a kid in Utah. Even more curious is the fact that Damuni (who is from Utah) seems to have some personal connection to Taylor Powell (who is from Arkansas). Needless to say I’m interested to see where this goes.

With the addition of Damuni to my Board, I now have three 4-stars listed: Damuni, Mike Allen and the recently upgraded WR Corey Reed.

Zamari Maxwell visited Wake Forest yesterday as part of a tour that will take him to UNC’s Fedora Freak Show camp tonight. Also expected to attend are Wake Forest targets OL Zach Quinney and OL Brian Anderson. Speculation is high that Anderson will commit to the Heels if the camp goes well. Duke is actually the favorite to land Quinney.

Emeka Emezie committed to NCSU, leaving only 4 players from North Carolina on my Board.

Wake has been much more active with offers in June than they were last year. That could be good news (they have been more successful finding quality players this late in the cycle) or bad news (expecting to miss out on top targets). One interesting note is that many of the June offers (like Coby Davis, Derrick Tangelo and Axel Nyembwe) have come Coach Scheier’s recruiting territory – so it looks like he’s been doing work to get quality kids into Wake’s camp.

8 commits from Tennessee but these satelitte camps don't work.

We just got a crystal ball prediction from a Tennessee insider for Caleb Rozar, 3 star safety. Curious to why he made the prediction. Haven't seen much on his interest level with wake

Rozar committed to UNC.

Uggh and so did Brian Anderson. That one hurts a little bit, especially since we are hurting for O-lineman right now. I guess we saw this one coming though.

Uggh and so did Brian Anderson. That one hurts a little bit, especially since we are hurting for O-lineman right now. I guess we saw this one coming though.

Yeah, both of those hurt as Wake was likely the runner up for both. Wake actually received a second Crystal Ball for Rozar yesterday before he committed to UNC. Wake was the leader for Anderson before UNC offered, however even then he was openly campaigning for a UNC offer. Some "I want to be a Tar Heel" type tweets during the NCAA basketball tournament.

On a brighter note, 247s Ryan Bartow put in a Crystal Ball for Wake to flip current FAU-commit DT Tyler Williams. Williams received offers from P5 programs like Louisville and Minnesota after committing to FAU. I'm definitely on commitment watch there.

Forgot to add that Mike Allen was at Tennessee's Orange Carpet Day yesterday, and there is more and more speculation that Tennessee is where he will ultimately land. Nothing imminent though, so still time for Wake to make up ground. If someone were to set betting odds, Wake would be third favorite behind Tennessee and Georgia.

We could have 3 stud linebackers in one class... Let's get it done Clawson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy Simon just committed

Great get. Finally the bigger, physical corner that I believe the staff has been targeting. We've Clawson and Co pull this off before where they find a guy who is a fit, develop a relationship early, and are able to hold off late offers from bigger programs. There's been little doubt that Simon has liked Wake for a while, the question was whether he would pull the trigger after the Notre Dame and Mississippi State offers came in relatively recently.

DB MVP at The Opening regional in Atlanta (which was loaded). I'll post the official measures once I find them. This is a big get (probably second only to Powell so far). I'm thrilled.

Great get. Finally the bigger, physical corner that I believe the staff has been targeting. We've Clawson and Co pull this off before where they find a guy who is a fit, develop a relationship early, and are able to hold off late offers from bigger programs. There's been little doubt that Simon has liked Wake for a while, the question was whether he would pull the trigger after the Notre Dame and Mississippi State offers came in relatively recently.

DB MVP at The Opening regional in Atlanta (which was loaded). I'll post the official measures once I find them. This is a big get (probably second only to Powell so far). I'm thrilled.

tape is fantastic. Kid can (and will IMO) play early. Hope we can get that NLI signed. Hold off the wolves.

Simon is actually a little smaller than I remembered: 5'11.5 / 187 (Nike measures from March 2016). Still good size. He ran a very slow 40, but I assume there were mitigating circumstances because his biggest offers came after that 40 time was recorded.

P5 offers: Maryland (last year), Cal (Feb 18), Illinois (January 7), Oregon State (Feb 24), Mississippi State (May 12), Notre Dame (May 16)

Back