• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

He has great size on his Hudl tape. Good tackler. Looks more like a SS than a CB as a result. We need a physical CB who can stay in coverage and help stop the run.

He has great size on his Hudl tape. Good tackler. Looks more like a SS than a CB as a result. We need a physical CB who can stay in coverage and help stop the run.

Completely agree. 4-2-5 is premised on having corners that take on a big share of the run responsibility, especially on the boundary side. Eager to see Amari Henderson begin to take on the boundary role when he's ready (I think that Austin fits better on the other side). Hopefully Simon goes into the mix there very soon as well.

Clawson def aint scared to go against the heavyweights. Thats a big time get!

I'm pretty pumped about this one. ND, Tennessee, and Mississippi State were all making big pushes for this guy. Ever since I saw his tape, I've been sold. This is the CB I was really hoping for. Let's keep the momentum going!

Whens the last time if ever weve gotten a guy with a legit offer from Notre Dame?

Whens the last time if ever weve gotten a guy with a legit offer from Notre Dame?

The Deacs commitment to facilities upgrades really made an impression on Simon.

“I’ve visited three times. The first time I came, they were building the indoor practice facility. The second time, I got to see it first hand, and that’s one of the things that really turned me on to Wake,” he said. “I can see the improvements, and the school is moving to become more of football school. They understand how big football is in the area.”

Troy Simon is currently ranked #619 on RankByOffers, but they are missing his Mississippi State offer. Once that is updated, he will be the 13th top 600 recruit in Clawson's tenure. Here is a complete list:

2014: Rashawn Shaw and Kam Uter
2015: Bo Archibald, Steven Claude, Dionte Austin, Rocky Reid and Justin Strnad
2016: Zander Zimmer, Arkeem Byrd, Taleni Suhren and Tyler Watson
2017: Jamal Riggins and Troy Simon

Say what you want about wins and losses record but Claw is bustin his ass on the recruiting trail and its gonna eventually pay off.

Say what you want about wins and losses record but Claw is bustin his ass on the recruiting trail and its gonna eventually pay off.

Yes, very pleased with both his efforts and recruiting results to date.

Troy Simon is currently ranked #619 on RankByOffers, but they are missing his Mississippi State offer. Once that is updated, he will be the 13th top 600 recruit in Clawson's tenure. Here is a complete list:

2014: Rashawn Shaw and Kam Uter
2015: Bo Archibald, Steven Claude, Dionte Austin, Rocky Reid and Justin Strnad
2016: Zander Zimmer, Arkeem Byrd, Taleni Suhren and Tyler Watson
2017: Jamal Riggins and Troy Simon

The 2 2014 commits in the top 600 were both recruited by Claw. Grobe didn't have a single one in the top 600.

I went back and looked at Kam Uters minor league stats...he has thrown 14.2 innings since 2014 and has not been promoted from rookie ball Arizona. I'm assuming he has been hurt.

The Deacs commitment to facilities upgrades really made an impression on Simon.

“I’ve visited three times. The first time I came, they were building the indoor practice facility. The second time, I got to see it first hand, and that’s one of the things that really turned me on to Wake,” he said. “I can see the improvements, and the school is moving to become more of football school. They understand how big football is in the area.”

Wow! Look. . a quote fell from the sky.

Les, the gang would also enjoy your basketball practice update as well. Maybe some will even pay up😄

The 2 2014 commits in the top 600 were both recruited by Claw. Grobe didn't have a single one in the top 600.

I went back and looked at Kam Uters minor league stats...he has thrown 14.2 innings since 2014 and has not been promoted from rookie ball Arizona. I'm assuming he has been hurt.

He is in Arizona Rookie league. League doesn't start til middle of June(each team has played 3 games) On roster, but hasn't thrown yet.

Les, the gang would also enjoy your basketball practice update as well. Maybe some will even pay up��

Not sure if you noticed, but I did put together a Q&A with Manning that I made a free article for everyone. I hate linking on here, because I really don't want to come across as the guy that only comes here to promote his work.

Was happy to see Wake and Manning open up practice for us in the media yesterday. That's sort of a departure, and hopefully a sign of good things to come.

For those who are interested (back to football recruiting), I'm scheduled to visit Davidson Day practice this weekend, where I'll talk to coach Grier, Sam Hartman and Chase Monroe. Obviously, I'll be asking Monroe to break down his final three for us, but if there's anything else you guys want to know, feel free to send it my way.

He is in Arizona Rookie league. League doesn't start til middle of June(each team has played 3 games) On roster, but hasn't thrown yet.

Correct except he has thrown 1.1 innings this year.

Back