• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

True. It's not a great offense but Hinton and Carney are the best fits for it.

It's interesting that during our game, TOB observed that we were effectively running a triple-option offense with Wolford: Option 1 - RB inside; Option 2 - QB around the end; Option 3 - QB short pass to WR on sideline. That was actually true and was pretty cool to me. Only 1 RB in the backfield instead of 3. I suppose Hinton could run it even better given his own talent on the ground, but it was working for us with Wolford too.

It's interesting that during our game, TOB observed that we were effectively running a triple-option offense with Wolford: Option 1 - RB inside; Option 2 - QB around the end; Option 3 - QB short pass to WR on sideline. That was actually true and was pretty cool to me. Only 1 RB in the backfield instead of 3. I suppose Hinton could run it even better given his own talent on the ground, but it was working for us with Wolford too.

We did run it with Hinton. We are doing a lot of run/pass option and then mixing in a little WR as pitch man in the triple option as well.

Great catches. Wow.

Saw it on SC top 10, #2! Even said that he is going to Wake!

Former recruiting target JJ Arcega-Whiteside made a great TD catch to seal Stanford's comeback win over UCLA.

After Jessie Bates' big game, wanted to check in on Dior Johnson...the four star safety that decommitted and led to us recruit Bates. Looks like he has been suspended by Minnesota for the past few weeks. I remember I was pretty upset when he decommitted...not so much anymore! Bates could follow in KJ's steps; he already seems like the best DB on the team.

After Jessie Bates' big game, wanted to check in on Dior Johnson...the four star safety that decommitted and led to us recruit Bates. Looks like he has been suspended by Minnesota for the past few weeks. I remember I was pretty upset when he decommitted...not so much anymore! Bates could follow in KJ's steps; he already seems like the best DB on the team.

Jessie Bates is big time. He is a great tackler, and obviously has strong ball skills. WF's most talented safety since Josh Gattis.

He is currently suspended with 3 other players in relation to an investigation of sexual assault. Prior to the suspension Johnson was not a starter.

Jessie Bates is big time. He is a great tackler, and obviously has strong ball skills. WF's most talented safety since Josh Gattis.

Depends on what you mean by "since Josh Gattis", but Chip Vaughn was pretty good.

I assume he meant Bates is more than Vaughn. Fair argument although they're different players.

For those that weren't following along at the time, Minnesota was actively recruiting the relatively unheralded Bates and planned to take him over 4-star Dior Johnson. Word was that they just liked Bates better. Johnson would very likely have signed with Wake if the Gophers had stayed with that plan. However, right at the end of the dead period they changed course and took Johnson over Bates. That left Wake to battle Iowa and one other school (Indiana, maybe?) for Bates.

For those that weren't following along at the time, Minnesota was actively recruiting the relatively unheralded Bates and planned to take him over 4-star Dior Johnson. Word was that they just liked Bates better. Johnson would very likely have signed with Wake if the Gophers had stayed with that plan. However, right at the end of the dead period they changed course and took Johnson over Bates. That left Wake to battle Iowa and one other school (Indiana, maybe?) for Bates.

I checked my notes and the stories on Scout at the time (which weren't by me then), and I don't think Bates was offered by IU, but they were in contact with him at some point. That last weekend, he debated whether to visit Wake or Iowa. Obviously came to Wake and committed.

I don't remember the Gophers' interest in Bates - good info. Also didn't know Dior was suspended. Crazy how things work out sometimes.

I noticed we burned the shirt of Luke matterson late in,Delaware game. Any reports.on,how he is.progressing

Back