• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

"Offense built around his strengths." Seriously, with what is said "offense" going to use for materiel? What would its value to a top recruit be?

Clawson should tell him he will build an offense specifically designed around his strengths. I'm not really sure what those are, other than a mobile QB with a big arm. And yes, our offensive output probably doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in a top tier grad transfer QB, but you never know. Maybe being "the man" at a smaller, less football-crazy school and getting a great degree would appeal to him.

Clawson should tell him he will build an offense specifically designed around his strengths. I'm not really sure what those are, other than a mobile QB with a big arm. And yes, our offensive output probably doesn't exactly inspire much confidence in a top tier grad transfer QB, but you never know. Maybe being "the man" at a smaller, less football-crazy school and getting a great degree would appeal to him.

I'm too lazy to do research but how many p5 qb jobs are potentially open? He probably holds delusions off NFL and if that's the case we might not be best option

Why would any QB want to come to Wake to get pounded play after play? Until we make some significant changes at OC and OL it will be hard to get great offensive talent here. I do believe that with a change at OC and a bit more Troy Calhoun style offence we can be acceptable on that side of the line. But if DC does not make major changes we are in for Lobo v.2

Would really like to see him get more time next year. Not sure how that happens with all of our current backs but feel like he showed a lot of promise last year and just couldn't stay healthy this year.

i pegged him and I. Robinson as guys I could see transferring this off season with the emergence of Colburn and Carney.

Tyler Bell is a solid 3rd down back. I'd like to see him stay for depth at least.

Tyler Bell is a solid 3rd down back. I'd like to see him stay for depth at least.

We're getting both Arkeem Byrd and Christian Beal next year, who both will probably receive solid playing time. Beal is enrolling early if I'm not mistaken so count him as a likely early PT recipient.

I remembered him. I just didn't see much potential there. He was just a big body crashing into the line.

Considering how awful John O'Korn looked when he played and considering Shane Morris played behind O'Korn, hard to be excited about Shane Morris as a potential QB despite his recruiting ranking and Michigan pedigree.
Good point. But considering how awful our quarterbacks have looked over the past couple of years (and how injury prone they are as well), I'd be excited about anyone whose QB recruiting ranking coming out of h.s. is higher than what we currently have. Morris does have a cannon.

Wake QB commit Tayvon Bowers told a local newspaper that he will grayshirt to rehab a knee injury. Plans to enroll at Wake in January 2018.

Wake QB commit Tayvon Bowers told a local newspaper that he will grayshirt to rehab a knee injury. Plans to enroll at Wake in January 2018.

Good luck to him for a full recovery

Good luck to him for a full recovery

it's nice to see the coaching staff is standing by the kid, too. i know we've been *trying* to upgrade the QB spot and it looks like competition will continue to heat up, but i think it sends a good message to stand by an early commit.

Back