• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2017 Football Recruiting

Zach Anderson committed.

Looks very iffy just from his offer list. Guess we had to reach here late.

I meant late in our number of spots left available. If this evaluation was shared by only 1 other power 5 team, I would feel much better. Winning recruiting battles with Gardner Webb and Middle Tenn should not be our goal if we want to win some games

I get that, but if Anderson is indeed the commit in question, I don't think it would be because the staff is settling.

Interesting.

Zach Anderson was one of the more under the radar commits in the class. On paper he was a reach. The staff offered him based on his camp performance. I had the impression that they liked him a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zach Anderson was one of the more under the radar commits in the class. On paper he was a reach. The staff offered him based on his camp performance. I had the impression that they liked him a lot.

What position?

.,,Wake was at Eastern Guilford this week looking at Spencer Clapp a 6'6" 280 lbs DE/OT...He would be an excellent get...He is a verbal to App State...

I trust the coaches judgement, but when he originally committed, I was never really impressed with his hudl highlights. Always looked like he was getting pushed around. I'm ok with this de-committment.

Cartersville HS (GA) won their second straight 4A title yesterday in the Georgia Dome.
No details on Wake commit Avery Showell, but former recruit, Trey Creamer ran for 3 TDs and caught a TD pass in a 58-7.
Their QB, Trevor Lawrence, is the #1 rated QB in the 2018 class.

Les Johns tweeted that Wake received a commitment from DE Adam Winter. He has offers from Columbia, Indiana state and Western Illinois. No word yet on whether he is a scholarship or a preferred walk-on.

ETA: I watched his highlights and believe that he is very likely a walk-on.

Last edited:
Cartersville HS (GA) won their second straight 4A title yesterday in the Georgia Dome.
No details on Wake commit Avery Showell, but former recruit, Trey Creamer ran for 3 TDs and caught a TD pass in a 58-7.
Their QB, Trevor Lawrence, is the #1 rated QB in the 2018 class.

SMH

Fox Sports reporting that Elko is expected to interview for the Notre Dame DC job. Hope he stays. We have some stud defensive players coming in I would like not to decommit.

I know ND is a huge name, but if they don't win 8 or 9 games next year their HC is gone.

Now Elko is reported to be close to a deal with ND. How do you expect this will affect our current recruits, 94?

Back