• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Probably, but if he wants to continue to play in the NHL, the best bet is to find an opportunity where he can do well next year no matter the price, to make him a more attractive free agent next year. That's a great contract for Montreal, the only risk is that they wasted $1.1MM.

The interesting part will be whether the Habs are a good fit. Their coach is the fun police.

Coaching is apparently irrelevant to Alex since he ignores them anyway.

Buffalo one of five potential U.S. hosts for 2018 IIHF WJC. USAH would be dumb to have it in the loser challenger cities (Chi, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Stl).

Flyers sign Jakub Voracek to eight-year, $66M extension

:woot:

Now they have to figure out how to offload some of the crummy contracts.

The Maple Leafs are currently in arbitration with Jonathan Bernier. Former management kind of put them in a bind with the last contract, which paid him $3.4MM this past year, they went into arbitration with a $2.89MM offer.

Edit: Just realized looking at my last two posts, the Flyers have locked up both players they got from the Jeff Carter trade.

Last edited:
Flyers sign Jakub Voracek to eight-year, $66M extension

:woot:

Now they have to figure out how to offload some of the crummy contracts.

The Maple Leafs are currently in arbitration with Jonathan Bernier. Former management kind of put them in a bind with the last contract, which paid him $3.4MM this past year, they went into arbitration with a $2.89MM offer.

Edit: Just realized looking at my last two posts, the Flyers have locked up both players they got from the Jeff Carter trade.

Great signing by the Flyers. I was a big fan of Vorcek when he was in Columbus. I wish him well. You could just see that he was going to blow up soon. Hated to see him go, but I'm glad we got Bobrovsky in exchange.

You actually got Bob for just picks. It did balance out the Carter trade, though!

Bernier and the Maple Leafs have apparently been in their arbitration meeting, which is a really long time to argue that you're good while your bosses argue that no, you are in fact bad.

The NHL and the MLB announced a joint press conference for tomorrow. Apparently the MLB is going to be taking over much of the NHL's digital content. Which is great news because they are much better at it.

A closer look at NHL’s partnership with MLBAM

We're getting an MLB At Bat - type app!

Down Goes Brown: Key details from today's NHL/MLB partnership agreement

NHL.com will get to give “earned run average”, “strikeouts” and “home runs” confusing new names and then claim they just invented them this year.

At NHL’s insistence, MLB agrees to revisit its ridiculous and unworkable “Fans in Toronto get to be happy for a few days once every 22 goddamn years” policy.

Report: Blackhawks' Patrick Kane under police investigation in New York

NHL players are really having themselves an offseason.

Las Vegas, Quebec City hit 'Phase II' of NHL expansion process

Looks like we have two seasons left as a 30-team league. I wonder what they are going to do with the conferences, it seemed like they really wanted Seattle and Vegas and could have just added them to the West. Quebec City is going to throw a wrench into that plan.

Ugh, I feel bad about making a joke, I figured it was drugs or another drunken dust-up.

Phil Kessel is a national treasure reason #200,365

Phil Kessel's first Penguins pic leads to Photoshop hilarity

1789f240-403c-11e5-ad95-ed5c7f0d7849_CMEm4b3WUAAnXIH.png

Carolina Hurricanes hire analytics expert for full-time front office job

Canes hire awesome hockey analytics guy Eric Tulsky to a full-time position. The pic they submitted cracks me up.

81885520-4766-11e5-a88b-534f31e420f1_Tulsky.jpg

Marty St. Louis on his mother: Show Them

Mother’s Day came three days after my mom passed away. We were on the brink of elimination against the Penguins, down three games to two, and I was incredibly emotional. With my dad and sister in the stands as well as my wife and my boys, I took to the ice and experienced one of the most memorable moments of my life.

Three minutes into the game, I scored. It was a play that I would typically call a lucky bounce, but with that goal, it was something higher than luck. My teammates surrounded me and we were in a pile celebrating. I was kind of in shock, but they were all so happy for me. All I could think about was that I wanted to keep that puck. I knew I wanted to have something to remember that moment.

"Here's your office key, some highlighters, and a stack of sticky notes. We'll get you a mouse at the beginning of next week. Time to work your magic!"

Back