• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Got the invoice for tickets today. It's a painful check to write. There better be some playoffs this year.

Who needs the playoffs when you get to look at this face every game:

tumblr_m3rzsrPbAA1r8y5ma.jpg

LA Kings sign Christian Ehrhoff for one year, $1.5M

That's just not fair.

What We Learned: What should Carolina Hurricanes do with Eric Staal?

Edit: This was linked in that last article, I figured it may be of interest to Canes fans.

Keep an eye on the Hurricanes

yost-graph-metropolitan-division-corsi.jpg

Last edited:
Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance

Does this formal charge change anything with regard to the NHLPA’s grievance against the Kings and the NHL? Not likely. One assumes the NHLPA was aware of Richards’ circumstances when it filed, and this case is more about the precedent being set than Richards' guilt or innocence.

It’s plain as day that the Kings are picking their spot with this termination, being that Richards is a player in steep decline and they’re trying to void his deal instead of buying it out to get around the cap implications. This is less about Mike Richards getting charged with drug possession and more about how NHL teams will react to such charges going forward.

Re: Canes possession stats, Peters seemed to do a very nice job last year. I'm not optimistic we can build into a contender without high draft picks, but I certainly hope we can

Canes acquire Kris Versteeg, Joakim Nordstrom, and a 2017 3rd for a couple prospects and a 5th. Total salary dump for Chicago. Canes get some badly needed forward depth.

Just renewed the Fantasy Hockey league, so if you were in last year, you should have an invite. If you weren't in, and are reading this thread, what's your problem? PM me and I will send you the league info.

Just renewed the Fantasy Hockey league, so if you were in last year, you should have an invite. If you weren't in, and are reading this thread, what's your problem? PM me and I will send you the league info.

In.

Happy training camp day! (For the Flyers, anyway.) And 30 thoughts is back!

30 Thoughts: What Voynov’s return to Russia could mean

Slava Voynov is voluntarily returning to Russia rather than waiting out the deportation process. It appears the Kings will not void his contract, so they will retain his rights in case he comes back. Yeah....... they're definitely going to lose that battle with Mike Richards.

Draft for what games I get is Thursday. Four guys with 4 seats. We all go opening night. Certain games you can only draft 2 seats.

I love hockey.

Go Stars.

Back