• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

That long? Damn.

'Canes outshooting Detroit 18-2. WOAH. Of course we haven't scored yet

How's Mike Green enjoying the new scenery?

Townie, did you officially decide on Columbus?

GAqqWtA.gif

I wish the Caps well this year. If it's ever gonna happen for this group I think this is the chance

How's Mike Green enjoying the new scenery?

Townie, did you officially decide on Columbus?

Green's been fairly anonymous paired with Quincey, which isnt necessarily a bad thing. Detroit's had very few powerplays thru the 1st two games so I'm not sure where that stands so far

2015-2016 NHL Season Thread – Three on Three OTs For All

Last night was infuriating as a Canes fan. Just more of them same. And despite being full, you could tell the enthusiasm in the PNC was nearly totally absent.

Forty something shots and only two goals (I am not counting the third goal with 1 second left because wgaf). They are just offensively an embarrassment. And I am done with the Staal brothers. Total waste of about 16 million dollars. Two games in a row I've watched Eric bail on a shot while in front of the goal. And Jordan is an overpaid checking center. Enough is enough. Ship them out. Get some young players who give a damn.

Last night was infuriating as a Canes fan. Just more of them same. And despite being full, you could tell the enthusiasm in the PNC was nearly totally absent.

Forty something shots and only two goals (I am not counting the third goal with 1 second left because wgaf). They are just offensively an embarrassment. And I am done with the Staal brothers. Total waste of about 16 million dollars. Two games in a row I've watched Eric bail on a shot while in front of the goal. And Jordan is an overpaid checking center. Enough is enough. Ship them out. Get some young players who give a damn.

If I were a Canes fan, I'd be much more concerned with the defensive lapses from last night. Three out of four goals for DET came from simple mistakes. And way too much puck watching from the forwards on the 2nd and 4th goals.

Took two games to lose hope. Canes! How good is Auston Matthews?

If I were a Canes fan, I'd be much more concerned with the defensive lapses from last night. Three out of four goals for DET came from simple mistakes. And way too much puck watching from the forwards on the 2nd and 4th goals.

Maybe, but we've had so many games like this. It's like generating quality offensive chances isn't practiced at all.

The defense actually has a future. Faulk is a top ten D in the making. Hanifin could get there too. Fleury is still waiting for his shot. The Canes are deep at D prospects. Forward is a real concern right now. They don't have anything noteworthy there right now.

And yeah, I know, two games. But these are the same problems from the past two seasons. No reason to believe things will change.

The defense actually has a future. Faulk is a top ten D in the making. Hanifin could get there too. Fleury is still waiting for his shot. The Canes are deep at D prospects. Forward is a real concern right now. They don't have anything noteworthy there right now.

I misspoke a little; by defensive lapses I mostly meant the forwards not covering the defense very effectively. There's a lot of open space that teams can exploit right now in high quality areas. The 4th goal the Canes gave up with Abdelkader right in the slot was just miserable. Faulk was a bright spot though, you are right about that.

On the bright side, Canes fans, your scoreboards now have fancy stats!

I misspoke a little; by defensive lapses I mostly meant the forwards not covering the defense very effectively. There's a lot of open space that teams can exploit right now in high quality areas. The 4th goal the Canes gave up with Abdelkader right in the slot was just miserable. Faulk was a bright spot though, you are right about that.

I agree. All the shots that the Wings scored on were in close and virtually unguarded. Ward was hang left to dry at a time when he doesn't have many spectacular saves left in him.

Back