• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

I'm sure that's the story! Caps just bending people over at this point.

Carey Price is the heart and soul of that team.

And yeah, Washington looks scary good. I have faith that Trotz can get this crew to the Conference Finals, finally.

USA has out-shot Sweden 39-16 through the first two periods, but are down 0-1 as Islanders prospect Linus Soderstrom has yet to give up a goal.

In the NHL, Habs trade Zack Kassian for Ben Scrivens.

USA has out-shot Sweden 39-16 through the first two periods, but are down 0-1 as Islanders prospect Linus Soderstrom has yet to give up a goal.

In the NHL, Habs trade Zack Kassian for Ben Scrivens.

The Team USA goaltender is a Canes prospect. They haven't had an NHL caliber goaltender in the pipeline since Cam Ward (well, one that stayed in Carolina anyway). So it's good to see that Nedeljkovic is looking the part so far.

Team USA beats Denmark 4-1 to lock up second place in their group.

Brad Marchand has been suspended three games for doing Brad Marchand things, which means you can watch the Winter Classic without having to watch Brad Marchand!

BOOK IT. CANES BEAT CAPS TONIGHT.

Quite possible.

Washington is on the road, in the second game of a back-to-back, Grubauer is getting the start, and most importantly: all the injuries.

Jay Beagle is going under the knife, Backstrom may be out, and John Carlson and Brooks Orpik are out again.

But Grubauer did beat the Canes in Raleigh 10 days ago, and the Caps are just playing insane hockey so you never know.

Evgeny Kuznetsov’s even strength shot attempt differential last night against the Sabres was plus-27. PLUS TWENTY-SEVEN.

I thought doofus quit on the Canes?

We've been playing better with our youngins -- I was even starting to think we were "in the mix" until we blew that NJ game the other night

Caps are 18-2-2 since Orpik was injured :thumbsup:

Beagle is having a solid year, though; I don't think he's as easily replaced, and chemistry will suffer a bit.

When is MLBAM taking over the streaming services? I'm debating pulling the trigger but don't want to if there is going to be a price drop.

PK Subban is an international treasure.

Fans make Coyotes' Scott very unlikely All-Star

The league held a fan vote from Dec. 1 to Jan. 1 to select one player from each division to captain four teams in the new three-on-three tournament format in Nashville. Scott's situation is unique in that the enforcer has been waived by the Coyotes three times this season, spent time in the AHL and has appeared in only 11 games for the Coyotes. Still, fans had embraced his candidacy to send him to his first All-Star Game, rallying around the hashtag #VoteJohnScott. It appears to have worked.

Scott has one assist this season. For his career he has five goals, six assists and 542 penalty minutes.

That's pretty embarrassing. And John Scott is awful.

The Team USA goaltender is a Canes prospect. They haven't had an NHL caliber goaltender in the pipeline since Cam Ward (well, one that stayed in Carolina anyway). So it's good to see that Nedeljkovic is looking the part so far.

Oh hello, shutout. USA wins 7-0 in its first elimination game.

Russia survives an upset bid from Denmark, and will be Team USA's next opponent.

Canada gets knocked out by the home team Finland, so the other side of the bracket will be the Sweden / Finland rivalry.

Where's Townie?

The BJs have beaten the Stars and Capitals in back-to-back games.

Back