• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Drouin requests trade out of Tampa. Lightning fans might just be sick of league salivating over their players

What's going on in Tampa? They've been a very good team in recent years but none of their players seem to want to stay put.

That's pretty embarrassing. And John Scott is awful.

Oh hello, shutout. USA wins 7-0 in its first elimination game.

Russia survives an upset bid from Denmark, and will be Team USA's next opponent.

Canada gets knocked out by the home team Finland, so the other side of the bracket will be the Sweden / Finland rivalry.

Hopefully we see Ned get a call up to Charlotte next season and Lack can be at least average for another year while he gets AHL reps.

What's going on in Tampa? They've been a very good team in recent years but none of their players seem to want to stay put.

Well you've had the Stamkos to Toronto rumors for close to a year now, and they show no signs of letting up. They've lost a lot of players to injury up to this point in the season (mainly the Kucherov line) and so it has hurt their position a ton. As for Drouin himself, he was sick of being placed on the 3rd and 4th lines and not getting Top 6 time, culminating in him being sent to the AHL earlier in the week.

As for Drouin himself, he was sick of being placed on the 3rd and 4th lines and not getting Top 6 time, culminating in him being sent to the AHL earlier in the week.

Plus his agent is Allan Walsh, who isn't exactly known for keeping his complaints quiet.

Between Drouin and Hamonic, some talented youngsters may be available on the trade market. (Or their teams may just say no.)

NHL announces the full All Star rosters:

NHL announces full rosters for '16 NHL All-Star Game

Atlantic Division
F Patrice Bergeron (BOS)
F Jaromir Jagr (FLA)*
F Leo Komarov (TOR)
F Dylan Larkin (DET)
F Ryan O'Reilly (BUF)
F Steven Stamkos (TBL)
D Aaron Ekblad (FLA)
D Erik Karlsson (OTT)
D P.K. Subban (MTL)
G Ben Bishop (TBL)
G Roberto Luongo (FLA)

Metropolitan Division
F Nicklas Backstrom (WSH)
F Claude Giroux (PHI)
F Evgeni Malkin (PIT)
F Alex Ovechkin (WSH)*
F Brandon Saad (CBJ)
F John Tavares (NYI)
D Justin Faulk (CAR)
D Kris Letang (PIT)
D Ryan McDonagh (NYR)
G Braden Holtby (WSH)
G Cory Schneider (NJD)

Central Division
F Jamie Benn (DAL)
F Matt Duchene (COL)
F Patrick Kane (CHI)*
F Tyler Seguin (DAL)
F Vladimir Tarasenko (STL)
F Jonathan Toews (CHI)
D Dustin Byfuglien (WPG)
D Roman Josi (NSH)
D Shea Weber (NSH)
G Devan Dubnyk (MIN)
G Pekka Rinne (NSH)

Pacific Division
F Johnny Gaudreau (CGY)
F Taylor Hall (EDM)
F Joe Pavelski (SJS)
F Corey Perry (ANA)
F John Scott (ARI)*
F Daniel Sedin (VAN)
D Brent Burns (SJS)
D Drew Doughty (LAK)
D Mark Giordano (CGY)
G John Gibson (ANA)
G Jonathan Quick (LAK)

* Fan-elected captain

The Central forward group is pretty ridiculous.

Last edited:
Ovi has been in three fights in his NHL career. The first one:

mike-richards-alex-ovechkin-fight-607x733.jpg

Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen is a huge trade.

I was skeptical when I heard Johansen was on the market, but Seth Jones is a good return. This tweet is pretty funny / sad now:

What a pass and goal by gabe in ot for the win. Huge turnaround from down 1 in regulation with 1 minute left.

Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen is a huge trade.

I don't like this trade for the Jackets. They've never had a true first line center before Johansen showed up. Now he's gone and it will be another 20 years before another top tier talent center makes his way back on to the Blue Jacket roster. I'm sure Jones is good, but I think the Jackets made a mistake. They should have fixed their D this past summer. Now they've had to give up their top asset to gain a "potential" franchise blue liner. Was Seth Jones even a top pairing D Man?

I hope Joey reaches his potential in Nashville. He should flirt with 30 goals and 80-100 points a year. His linemates will love him.

After 7 games in 11 days Stars need to really stop the first losing streak of the season tonight against the Jets. Lindy is splitting up Seguin and Benn for the first time this year.

I don't like this trade for the Jackets. They've never had a true first line center before Johansen showed up. Now he's gone and it will be another 20 years before another top tier talent center makes his way back on to the Blue Jacket roster. I'm sure Jones is good, but I think the Jackets made a mistake. They should have fixed their D this past summer. Now they've had to give up their top asset to gain a "potential" franchise blue liner. Was Seth Jones even a top pairing D Man?

He was behind Shea Weber on the depth chart. (The team played them together some, but preferred them on different lines since they are both right handed.) Plus he's only 21. And is still on his entry level deal. (And don't forget that the last round of negotiations were tough with Johansen, and set him up for a strong position in the next round.)

CBJ gave up a lot, no doubt, but they also got a lot in return.

Unless they traded Johansen because Torts didn't like him. That would be stupid.

Canes really need to get at least 3 points against the CBJ in the next two games. Let points slip away against New Jersey last week and Vancouver Wednesday night.

Back