• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Question for the board hocketariat: how do you feel about the Blackhawks? I only watch playoff hockey, and only watch the Hogs, but they seem like a pretty likable bunch, no? The Kane rape allegations are a black mark, but they seem to be as acceptable of a "dynasty" as any, in my biased opinion. But I don't keep with hockey, so I'm curious about the opinion of those who do.

The Sharks and Kings have remembered who each of them are

Yeah, and my Preds seem to have remembered who they are as well. But win game 6 in Nashville and send it back to LA with pressure on the Ducks not to lose in the first round.

Edit: thought you said Ducks. They remembered who they are too unfortunately.

The Stars are too soft to make a serious run. The 3rd period was vintage Stars if you've watched them for the last 5 years.

The Stars are too soft to make a serious run. The 3rd period was vintage Stars if you've watched them for the last 5 years.

Yes it was.

I tend to agree with you, I don't think their D will be up to snuff. But man can they score. And they are fun to watch

John fucking Tavares...good things happen when he has the puck. What a stud!

Question for the board hocketariat: how do you feel about the Blackhawks? I only watch playoff hockey, and only watch the Hogs, but they seem like a pretty likable bunch, no? The Kane rape allegations are a black mark, but they seem to be as acceptable of a "dynasty" as any, in my biased opinion. But I don't keep with hockey, so I'm curious about the opinion of those who do.

I tend to be predisposed to not liking teams that are perennially good, but I haven't been able to work up any legitimate ill will toward the hawks. Part of it may be I'm a Cubs fan and love Chicago, but I think it's more that they've always had an entertaining, offensive-minded, beat you with skill not physicality or boring defense style of play. And despite a few blips (see Shaw's recent comments) I agree on the likeable angle.

As I've stated I am in favor of seeing some new blood go deep in the playoffs, but it's hardly been agony watching the hawks and Kings (another likeable team, at least IMO, them having my boi JW prolly had a lot to do with this) run things out west for the last five-six years

They have the advantage of being in the Western Conference - they would probably be much more hated if they played in NYC or Boston or anywhere in Canada really. Plus they might get the heat that Pens get for tanking and having front-runner fans. (I am not against tanking and I don't blame fans for not showing up to watch bad teams, just pointing out things that rile up hockey fans.)

But yeah, Toews and Kane seem like a likable odd couple, at least before the rape allegations. (And the realization that they didn't come off as too out of character.) I agree that they play an entertaining style of hockey.

Plus they won a Cup for Kimmo, so they are OK by me.

Oh, and with the Flyers out, I guess it's time to pick which bandwagons to jump on.

Go Stars!

Go Shorks!

I don't mind the Blackhawks. They have insane support from the city denizens - it's quite admirable.

I remember seeing a Chicago Tribune report indicating more citizens were Hawk fans than any other one team in Chicago (still impressive even if baseball is split).

I don't mind the Blackhawks. They have insane support from the city denizens - it's quite admirable.

I remember seeing a Chicago Tribune report indicating more citizens were Hawk fans than any other one team in Chicago (still impressive even if baseball is split).

Probably not a coincidence that the Blackhawks have been winning titles most recently.

Sounds like Boston.

Top 2 seeds in the West. Go Stars.

Stars were 1-1-3 against the Blues. 4 of the 5 games were back to back for the Stars with 3 involving travel. Pretty even match up.

Since March 17

Stars Blues

Record 13-4 12-5
Goals/g 3.47 3.06
GAA 2.29 2.12
PP 20% 22.4%
PK 86% 82.2%

Back