• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Any idea when we will know game time for Game 5?

Getting married that day so I may need to make some arrangements.

Pretty damn sure it'll be a night game Cav, NBC has the Derby and Prem during the day

She's going to be pissed when I'm streaming on the phone during the reception.

No take backs.

Calder Trophy Finalists: Gostisbehere vs. McDavid vs. Panarin

625c4d7095c59254209da601611e32eb.png
db9bd242f61497a5af1ffe44a3a8abba.png
!!!

(I mean, Panarin is going to win. But I'm still happy for Gostisbehere. And I'm guessing Sabres fans are feeling a little salty.)

ETA: also, Calgary fires last year's Jack Adams award winner.

Bolts! Pull the goaltender and tie it up with 40 seconds left - yes, yes, yes etc.

And Goyle [sic] scored swiftly in OT. All four series sit at 2-1.

Another ex-Capital, Steve Oleksy, has been called up to fill the temporary void left by Letang. Come on you, Capitals!

And Goyle [sic] scored swiftly in OT. All four series sit at 2-1.

Another ex-Capital, Steve Oleksy, has been called up to fill the temporary void left by Letang. Come on you, Capitals!

Boyle?

Damn I thought the Caps were a lock for the Cup. Choking sounds are emanating from Arlington...

One could argue the Caps are the most cursed sports franchise in history. Chokers.

Anyone else gonna make free money on the caps? Two years in a row now. So simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like we've found a Russian who RAISES his game in the playoffs

Ok, Preds Nation where are you? ;) Preds with a huge victory in 3OT last night evening the series at 2 with the Sharks. Back to Cali.

*Perds

The Coyotes just hired a 26-year-old GM. Is it a smart move?

Maloney’s alleged rival wasn’t Chayka, but head coach Dave Tippett, and that’s where things get interesting. While Chayka was given the GM’s title, Tippett was handed a front office role of his own. He’ll become the team’s new executive vice president of hockey operations, while keeping his head coaching duties. He also received a five-year contract extension.

Given all that, it’s hard not to jump to conclusions about what’s really going on here: Tippett is running the show in Arizona now, with Chayka as his just-happy-to-be-here yes man.

That’s probably not fair to Chayka, who by all accounts is an impressive hockey mind. But it’s fair to say that his rise to the Coyotes’ job has been unusual, especially in a hockey world that’s often described as an old boys’ club, where the same old names seem to cycle through the same jobs, hired by the same old buddies from the glory days.

Been impressed with the Perds. They've been the better team in the series save for getting tired in Game 1 when they had a Game 7 two days earlier and the Sharks had a week off. I thought letting Game 2 slip was going to be the end of them, but that clearly has not been the case.

But Lavvy is the effin' man so I'm not too surprised

Stars looked like the better team for most of the game today but couldn't capitalize and had some more poor goaltending

Stars looked like the better team for most of the game today but couldn't capitalize and had some more poor goaltending

Unfortunately the stars hit the snooze button in the second period! Poor goal tending? I don't think any of the three goals against were poor goals

Back