• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Brutal.

The sun still rises in the East and the modern Caps haven't made a Conference Final. This blows.

What happens when you put a coach who's never gotten out of the second round in charge of a team that never gets out of the second round?

Seriously though, the Pens are just playing at a really high level right now. I'm not sure anybody can beat them but the Caps did a good job of fighting their way back into that game last night (although I'm not sure I'd sell Tampa short right now either).

Last edited:
YOUCH Stars contingent. Niemi and Lehtonen are really combined for $10M against the cap? W-O-O-F

I'd say y'all should go get Fleury but that's tough having that much committed to goalie already. Maybe you can amnesty one of the two

I love reading about the statuses of guys once their teams are eliminated.

John Carlson was playing with a broken foot and ankle. Brooks Orpik was playing with a cracked femur. Karl Alzner was playing with a partially torn groin. Good lord!

Sorry Perdnation, but I approve of this final 4. I'll go Pens and Sharks, both in 6, but should be fun

YOUCH Stars contingent. Niemi and Lehtonen are really combined for $10M against the cap? W-O-O-F

So dumb to waste the money on those guys. They basically paid for one more of what they already had (Lehtonen). They may be able to get some bodies back on D, but they need a goalie. I've been making this same complaint for at least 4 seasons now. They'll be stuck with mediocre goaltending again next year, so might as well shore up the D.

I love reading about the statuses of guys once their teams are eliminated.

John Carlson was playing with a broken foot and ankle. Brooks Orpik was playing with a cracked femur. Karl Alzner was playing with a partially torn groin. Good lord!

Lotta broken clutch bones too.

Huge game for my boys last night. Vasil played great in goal but I'm definitely hoping to see Bishop back soon. Stralman should also be back in the next game or two.

my lovely wife (who only watches/follows bolts during playoffs) says "that crosby guy is pretty famous, right?"

VERY impressive performance from the Pens. In my best Stugotz, they've got the look

Ci2bkoeVAAI2BBc.jpg

Back