• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

It also hasn't been the most exciting hockey -- which is a damn shame with the amount of talent on display. Felt the same way about last year's Final.

I kinda feel like #fancystats are slowly killing the game. The whole possession, any-shot-is-a-good-shot thing doesn't exactly produce end-to-end hockey or beautiful goals.

That #hottakey enough?

It also hasn't been the most exciting hockey -- which is a damn shame with the amount of talent on display. Felt the same way about last year's Final.

I kinda feel like #fancystats are slowly killing the game. The whole possession, any-shot-is-a-good-shot thing doesn't exactly produce end-to-end hockey or beautiful goals.

That #hottakey enough?
Hmm... I don't agree. Tons of great plays and hard hits. Speed is winning the day for the Pens, but Sharks hit more and harder... Hockey is fun to watch IMO.

One of the great traditions in all of sports...booing the shit out of Gary Bettman during the trophy presentations.

Congrats to the Pens....and glad to see the time-honored tradition of booing the commish is alive and well!

The Pens order of handing off the cup was really weird.

But well-deserved champs

The Pens order of handing off the cup was really weird.

But well-deserved champs
There is actually an article about this, I think on ESPN, but I don't have time to go get it, about how Crosby tried to honor team mates like Daley who broke his leg and Dupuis who had to quit because of blood clots and Fleury who was injured when Murray took over, etc. The Pens were the best team on the ice, probably every game except one. They deserve the cup, and I for one am happy for them.

Yeah the first two makes sense, I thought Fleury was super weird but I guess that makes some sense with that context. He didn't really seem to want it though.

I thought Phat Phil was gonna get picked last once again for a while there

kessellallstar.jpeg.size.custom.crop.1086x724.jpg

Congrats to the Pens....and glad to see the time-honored tradition of booing the commish is alive and well!

Col. Hans Landa: Ha! However interesting as the thought may be, it makes not one bit of difference to how you feel. If a rat were to walk in here right now, as I'm talking, would you greet it with a saucer of your delicious milk?
Perrier LaPadite: Probably not.
Col. Hans Landa: I didn't think so. You don't like them. You don't really know why you don't like them; all you know is you find them repulsive.

Kessel should have gotten the Conn Smythe over Crosby. I actually think Jones should have gotten it, but it rarely goes to a losing player. Pens definitely turned it on in the playoffs and were the best team.

Pittsburgh was the better team. San Jose could only measure their dominance in shifts, not periods, and definitely not games.

Jones was great, but didn't (have to) play at that level in the earlier rounds. Not like Giguere in 2003. It would have been hard to award him the Conn Smythe.

I would have put Crosby 2nd or 3rd behind a couple of other Penguins.

Just what we need, another ice hockey team in the desert. Here comes the expansion draft!

Back