• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Russia up 2-0 to a team Finland that has only scored one goal in it's other two games, and has nothing to play for. Bye Team North America, I'm going to miss you so much.

Yah, it makes me feel a little wary. I mean, it was bound to happen. But it was nice having a crazy passionate owner that would do anything to win. (Also sometimes a pain when they were constantly in "win now" mode, but Snider let that go eventually.) Comcast better not Liberty Media this thing up.

Could lessons learned from its World Cup implosion become a turning point for Team USA?

"I'll be honest: we're not as deep as Canada, skillwise," Tortorella said. "Not sure USA Hockey will like me saying that, but it's the truth. It's a situation where I still think, in our mind, we could not just skill our way through Canada."

^^ He says after Team USA left some of the most talented American players at home to bring in Torts-style players.

Add any US player(s) you want to the team and what he says is still going to be true. There are some highly skilled youngsters and a few vets, but generally a dearth of top end talent when you consider there are almost twice as many Americans in the NHL now than in 1996. That WC roster was full of HOFers and 1000pt/500g guys.

Last edited:
Deacfan27 and I are planning on attending the 12/16 Caps @ Canes game. Anyone have extra tickets for sale? Thought I'd ask here before I go to the secondary market.

Buy from the ticket office and help the Canes stay in NC!!!

Seeing the Flyers live on my teevee last night took a bit of the sting out of the end of Phillies games for the year. We have two prospects left, Travis Konecny and Ivan Provorov, fighting for roster spots on a team without a ton of space, and with a super-patient GM. Neither can be sent to the AHL, it's the NHL or juniors.

Any of you guys cheering for certain prospects to make your team's roster this year?

Seeing the Flyers live on my teevee last night took a bit of the sting out of the end of Phillies games for the year. We have two prospects left, Travis Konecny and Ivan Provorov, fighting for roster spots on a team without a ton of space, and with a super-patient GM. Neither can be sent to the AHL, it's the NHL or juniors.

Any of you guys cheering for certain prospects to make your team's roster this year?

I think Konecny gets 1 more year in juniors. Don't think Hexstall will keep him to play 3rd or 4th line minutes. Provorov will get the first 10 games in NHL as a trial I believe. Schenn has that stupid 3 game suspension so they have a spot.

Regular season hockey returns this week!

It looks like the DirecTV free preview of Center Ice goes through November 1st. How generous!

avalon, we need a thread title update!

I just used three exclamation points in two posts...I'm pretty fucking pumped for hockey.

I'd like to see Anthony Mantha make the roster for the Red Wings, but I'm also used to having prospects in the minors for 5 years or so, so it isn't a big deal if they send him back down.

Read an article by at least one guy picking the 'Canes to make the playoffs. Wasn't on a known media site, but I'll take it nonetheless

Excited about this year. I expect the Flyers to take another step forward. They should have two legitimate scoring lines this year:

Schenn - G - Simmonds
Konecny - Couturier - Voracek

Hakstol's system will be more established. G and Voracek should be healthier. The defense will be better with Provorov. And we'll get to see Ghost play with a health MDZ. The key will be consistency.

Back