• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Can't watch the Centennial Classic today because WXII and DirecTV are having a spat. Insult added to an already bad Red Wings season.

Detroit heads into third period up 1-0. Leafs score 4 straight to take 4-1 lead. Red Wings get one back then score two goals with an empty net in the final two minutes to tie, the last one coming on a scrum with 1.1 seconds on the clock.

Just nuts.

World Junior semis

Canada versus Sweden
USA versus Russia

The BJs are one win away from tying the longest winning streak in NHL history. They get their shot at Washington tomorrow.

You're our bitch, Rangers

nhl-buffalo-sabres-logo-on-the-gogo_12906008.jpeg

The BJs are one win away from tying the longest winning streak in NHL history. They get their shot at Washington tomorrow.

If they beat Washington tomorrow, then they come home to face the New York Rangers to set the record. Only fitting that John Tortorella's Blue Jackets should set the record at home against the Rangers with Rick Nash suiting up for the Blue Shirts.

SPOILER ALERT

Team USA beats Team Russia in a shootout.

After the first five USA kept sending out new American Hero Troy Terry, who scored on all three of his attempts.

If they beat Washington tomorrow, then they come home to face the New York Rangers to set the record. Only fitting that John Tortorella's Blue Jackets should set the record at home against the Rangers with Rick Nash suiting up for the Blue Shirts.

Still, fuck Torts

Also, re: BJs-Caps, some crazy stats.

They'll have to wait until the next 16 game win streak.

Should the IIHF go to NHL playoff OT rules for the knockout rounds? Seemingly lots of people unhappy about the shootout finish, despite the result.

Shootouts are awful, but I think the tournament is too condensed to have longer OTs. That was the third game in four days for those kids.

American Hero Troy Terry strikes again!

Shootouts are awful, but I think the tournament is too condensed to have longer OTs. That was the third game in four days for those kids.

American Hero Troy Terry strikes again!

I generally agree, but maybe just for the medal games? I was actually taken off guard by the game. I just assumed it would be on Friday, given the semis were on Wednesday.

They'll have to wait until the next 16 game win streak.

I'll take another 16 game streak starting Saturday against the Rangers. Sucks that the Jackets' streak ended against a divisional opponent. Don't want to lose those 4 point games especially in that division.

Back