• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Alright alright.

With all the blown big leads nice to turn the tables on an opponent for once.

And something in the water tonight. Goals everywhere

A crazy, inexplicable stat:

Arizona is 21-0-4 in their last 25 against Edmonton.

Edit: The Oilers did it! They won in regulation!

Last edited:
Pittsburgh at Columbus tonight for first place in the Metro. Who saw that coming earlier this year?

Like every team ever run by the Pegulas, these Sabres are IRRELEVANT

Flyers with the NINE game win streak. Longest in a few decades. Playing well in all phases of the game, but particularly on the power play. Braden Schenn with a hat trick and all goals on the power play. You don't hear about that very often.

Wild going for TEN in a row tonight at NYR. Up 5-2 in the second. Color me skeptical they can maintain any sort of mo on this.

Wild going for TEN in a row tonight at NYR. Up 5-2 in the second. Color me skeptical they can maintain any sort of mo on this.

Meanwhile the BJs are at 12...atop the NHL, in the most difficult division, with many games in hand.

Wait, what?

Where's Townie?

American fans on Hfboards said he was not good last year and took bad penalties. They also said he had a bad evaluation camp in the summer. I was happy when I heard he was not on the team but they make it sound like a good decision.

My Flyers have a league leading 9 and have Konecny and Provorov playing tons of minutes for them. Future is bright.

Jackets and Wild tonight should be a banger! Will anyone watch given the CFP is on tonight (with Ohio State kicking off an hour after puck drop) and it's New Year's Eve?

It's that time of the year again, World Juniors! And all of ya'll's teams have prospects in the tournament. (Not as many as the Flyers, though!)

2017 World Junior Roster Breakdown by NHL Team

Schedule

Team USA beat Latvia yesterday and play their second game tomorrow evening. They also left one of their top scorers at home because that's what Team USA does.

USA Hockey doesn’t learn from its mistakes

My "six degrees" story for this tournament: A player on my daughter's hockey team is the first cousin of the youngest player in the tournament.

Also, is anyone else surprised at the US-CAN game yesterday? Canada looks like they were very frustrated with the US play. That sets up a decent path to gold, with SUI up first and then RUS in the semis. CAN and SWE are both in the other bracket. FIN in the relegation bracket is insane.

Back