• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2018-2019 NHL Thread – Thunderstorm Warning

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about - you are a worthy representative of Middle America !

HD picture took care of this problem real quick.

If you can't see the puck on a modern high def television you should get your eyes checked. Although, that one angle from across the blue line had to have been refurbished James Franco's GoPro from 27 hours. Soviet era spy cam quality.

Sheesh, Rinne.

4th not really his fault but dude's become a sieve

3-1 preds after 2. Charles Barkley is sitting in at the desk for intermission. What a goof.

Great game last night, a lot of action. Nashville is buzzing around the city...thousands downtown watching the game from Broadway.

I think the Pens are in trouble, they really only played one solid game the whole series. Big Mo is wearing cowboy boots heading back to Shittsburgh.

I think the Pens are in trouble, they really only played one solid game the whole series. Big Mo is wearing cowboy boots heading back to Shittsburgh.

The cowboy boot wearing Big Mo is getting bent over the hood of a car so far tonight

Interesting series where the home team blows out the opposing team each game-- hard to figure why there is such a difference between the play of teams every other night. I get that the home crowd can juice players, but wow, the discrepancy is incredible.

Interesting series where the home team blows out the opposing team each game-- hard to figure why there is such a difference between the play of teams every other night. I get that the home crowd can juice players, but wow, the discrepancy is incredible.
I wouldn't call the other games blowouts. Game 1 was tied until late in the 3rd. Game 2 was tied in the 3rd. Game 3 was 3-1 at the end of 2 and the 3rd goal was scored with 23 secs left in the second. Game 4 was basically the same with the 3rd goal being scored with 6 min left. 3-1 leads are not big.

Rinne is obviously one reason for how the games have turned out. He has played great at home but has a GAA of something like 5 in Pittsburgh. The other thing I noticed is the puck seems to bounce around a lot on the Pens in Nashville. They just don't get the clean passes like last night, it's always on end or bouncing....so it might be a soft ice issue and the Preds are just used to it.

Home ice has been a pretty big deal in the Cup Finals ever since the lockout. Usually mainly early in the series but sometimes throughout like this year.

Thought maybe with less travel it wouldn't have as much impact this year, but it certainly has

Home ice has been a pretty big deal in the Cup Finals ever since the lockout. Usually mainly early in the series but sometimes throughout like this year.

Thought maybe with less travel it wouldn't have as much impact this year, but it certainly has
Over the past 5 years, the road team won 13 times and the home team won 17 times. 4 of the series split 3-3. That's not much of an advantage.

Back