• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - UNC v. Kansas for the Natty

If UNC wins, at this point you just gotta tip your cap. They were lucky to play St Pete’s, but otherwise they beat Baylor, UCLA and Duke. God smiles on them. It disgusts me, but they’ve earned it.

I guess, but:
*An 8 seed was super generous given how little the rest of the ACC valued.
*Baylor was by far the weakest one given personnel losses and that they weren't playing near as well as they did early in the season

Duke's entire program is built on NBA guys like Banchero being content with non-star status because K carried enough weight to keep them "in their place."

Scheyer won't come anywhere close to being able to maintain that mystique. He'll benefit from one recruiting class, maybe two, and then it'll all be on him. Duke's recruiting won't fall apart but they'll start missing on the ultra elite guys, and then Scheyer really will have to coach in year 3 when he loses a transfer or two and has a b+ class inbound.

And in that scenario, he's nowhere near ready.

Not built on nba all stars.

If UNC wins, at this point you just gotta tip your cap. They were lucky to play St Pete’s, but otherwise they beat Baylor, UCLA and Duke. God smiles on them. It disgusts me, but they’ve earned it.

Yeah Carolina’s path has been legit but if they beat Kansas it’ll be one of the craziest runs a team has ever had in one tournament. I’m a Carolina fan and wasn’t even expecting a sweet 16.

I'm pretty sure Banchero was a star at Duke. The other guys would be better examples, but any McDonald's All-Americans are gonna think they can be the #1 option when they commit

2021-22 Men's College Basketball Season - Tournament Time: NCAA, NIT, CBI amd TBC

I guess, but:
*An 8 seed was super generous given how little the rest of the ACC valued.
*Baylor was by far the weakest one given personnel losses and that they weren't playing near as well as they did early in the season

I get it, I hate UNC and am with you in spirit, but complaining about their NCAA run just feels like sour grapes. They lost that home game to Pitt and then somehow transformed into what is a pretty great team that consists solely of 5 players. Caleb Love is ridiculous. I don’t know how it happened, it repulses me, but what can you do.

I'm not necessarily complaining, but they did catch some significant breaks, as they always seem to do

This year or in other years? I already pointed out the this year breaks above.

2017 UNC was very fortunate to get a #1 seed after basically everyone agreed Duke had the stronger resume coming off of winning the ACCT. The Heels proceeded to win the title, while Duke lost a road game in the second round. Flip those spots and it could have been a very different outcome for UNC.

Happy to come up with more!

Of course it didn't hurt UNC's cause that their AD is on the committee this year. Kudos to Wellman for wasting any residual benefits we might have gained from his time served

So did Bubba keep Wake out of the tourney since we bitch slapped his team in the regular season?? :dumb:

Is the 8 seed really any better than the 10 seed (and avoiding the 1 seed in the second round)? I don't know, feels pretty marginal. If they beat Kansas, they would've beaten KenPom 3, 4, 8, and 11. It just kinda is what it is, and it sucks.

What I hear from the talking heads is that the first game Kazooski lost as Duke coach was to the goats in the Big Four Tournament.

The last game Kazooski lost as Duke coach was to the goats in the Final Four.

I fully expect the goats to erect some type of monument commemorating this.

Last edited:
What y'all hate about Kansas?

Gotta say, other than whooping them in the Joel when I was a kid and seeing them beat Texas a handful of times as an adult, I don't have too many feelings.

fuck duke

EcVgR_IXsAAS_QJ.jpg

Seriously though, when did Caleb Love become the best player in college basketball?

If you can separate the programs from their fans, how is this even a close call? Fine, you don't like the gloating UNC fans that fill up your circles (especially in state). I get that part.

But how is the hatred index even close between the incarnations of the programs themselves for the last 25 years? Roy Williams and Hubert Davis (who doesn't even curse) versus Mike Krzyzewski, Grayson Allen and Gerald Henderson? Duke's been running store-brand Kentucky for a decade. They're buying the best four players in high school basketball and turn the roster over every year. Carolina has had mostly 3-4 year players who float between the G League and 10 day contracts, yet Carolina has had better results. Duke is coached by f;ing Ratface who gooned Chris Paul, coddled Grayson Allen's attempts to injure other players and told one of his players to take out the other the other team's best player a week before the ACCT with a punch to the face. How is this a close call?

It’s absolutely abhorrent for a Wake fan to want K to win anything. I was loving the shocked looked on his wife’s face at the end of the game.

Back