• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2021 Fitness / Weight-Loss Accountability Thread - BACK FOR 2024!

Woke up at 3 and couldn't go back to sleep. Sucks, but I took advantage and got to they gym at 5.

Push day for me. My next practice test for firefighter physical exam is Sunday. So I’m going to swim some tomorrow, then take Saturday off.

We did an old open workout in prep for the beginning of the open next week. 27/21/15/9 rep scheme with calorie rows and 95 lb thrusters. Finished just sub 8 but it was the hardest workout I've done in a long time.

3 miles this morning. Probably will do close to 4 on Sunday, then legs on Monday or Tuesday and shut the running down until the team relay on Saturday. Will probably walk a couple Friday morning before we head out of town at Noon.

Did my 100th Peloton strength workout and 200th overall workout this morning since I started after Thanksgiving.

I’ve worked out everyday except one since and I’m averaging over an hour a day. I’m sticking with the 16:8 fast too.

But I’m frustrated that my weight has plateaued again a few pounds more than I was at the beginning of the month after I ended a 5 week strength program.

Last edited:
Did my 100th Peloton strength workout and 200th overall workout this morning since I started after Thanksgiving.

I’ve worked out everyday except one since and I’m averaging over an hour a day. I’m sticking with the 16:8 fast too.

But I’m frustrated that my weight has plateaued again a few pounds more than I was at the beginning of the month after I ended a 5 week strength program.
Pounds don’t matter. Body composition does.

Yeah, they told me this at CoreLife yesterday. Basically don't worry about what the scale says now that I started weight training. I may not see as much weight loss as before but I should see a difference in how my clothes are fitting.

#StayOffTheScale

That makes sense but much like Wake hoops, I like the flawed metrics.

i haven't weighed myself in 2024. i am going simply by the eye and clothing fit test.

On a somewhat related note...crushed the gym all week this week...and the ex was there 3 out of the 5 days while i was glistening with sweat. it's been a good gym week

Yes and no. I don't think being 300lbs and 10% body fat is healthy for long term.

I've known a fit, muscular person who was told by his doctor to drop weight because of the toll his heart.

Yes and no. I don't think being 300lbs and 10% body fat is healthy for long term.

I've known a fit, muscular person who was told by his doctor to drop weight because of the toll his heart.
It’s cute that you think my workouts are motivated by health and not vanity and insecurity.

I get the body composition argument, and i know that body weight can fluctuate for so many reasons, but I’m like Ph. The scale is at least observable and measurable.

i find the scale kills my self esteem, it could be up 3 lbs becasue i am retaining water somewhere and i will freak out. That's why i shifted to. pants too tight i'm too fat

Down from 193 in late December to 183.7 this morning. Long Covid kept me out of the gym in 2022 and 2023, FINALLY back in a spot where I can exercise without crashing. Feels good to feel healthy. Hoping to land around the 178-180 range by this Summer with a few more inches off the waistline and toning back up to where I was in 2021.

Yeah, they told me this at CoreLife yesterday. Basically don't worry about what the scale says now that I started weight training. I may not see as much weight loss as before but I should see a difference in how my clothes are fitting.

#StayOffTheScale
I was going to agree with this but I was below 190 this morning for the first time in 3 months so…

Back