• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

I know this is the wild west, but it is funny when a player enters the portal one day and then decides on his new team the next. These moves have been in the works for a while and that sucks when players are still playing.

Just saw that Poteat is also in the portal, so that's both bigs and their best guard. VT going to be starting from scratch.

O you have a a problem with an off campus arena? How about out of town arena:

I don’t think they quite understand how university athletics work. It’s not the pros where you can up and leave a city for greener pastures. They think they can build in OKC (30 mins away) and OU would move their sports teams to play there?

I don’t think they quite understand how university athletics work. It’s not the pros where you can up and leave a city for greener pastures. They think they can build in OKC (30 mins away) and OU would move their sports teams to play there?
There was that series of years when Wake men's basketball played its ACC games 30 mins away in Greensboro.

Miami football did it to mixed success

Uconn plays football and half their hoops games in Hartford which is 30 min from campus. It does not work well for football but hoops easily sells out and kids take buses. Basically if you are going to make it harder on students to get to games you better be winning.

I'm sure teams who miss the NCAA Tournament are going to be THRILLED to practice for 2 weeks straight before any of these new (not NCAA) tournament games even start.

Back