• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

So we basically would’ve missed the ACCT for a decade. That would’ve gone over really well.

So, since the [] era, here are the years WF has finished bottom three in the conference, and the ACCT result from that season:

2011: Finished DFL in the conference lost to BC 81-67
2012: Finished 2nd to last in the conference lost to MD 82-60
2013: Finshed 3rd from the last in the conference lost to MD 75-62
2016: Finished 2nd from last in the conference lost to NC State 75-72
2018 Finished 2nd from last in the conference lost to Cuse 73-64
2019 Finshed 3rd from last in the conference lost to Miami 79-71
2020 Finished 2nd to last in the conference lost to Pitt 81-72

So, over the last 12 seasons, in the years WF would have been excluded from the ACC for finishing/being seeded in the bottom three, WF went 0-7 in the opening round of the ACCT, not sure what experience WF would have missed.

Reading that makes me feel ill.

Especially when I think about how I surely watched every single one of those games and undoubtedly felt bad when we lost and the season was over.
Was thinking the same thing, except for several of those games, I had actually deluded myself into thinking WF could win. Particularly remember the 2016 75-72 State loss in DC. Collins and Bryant Crawford were starting to emerge. That 2016 team also had Devin Thomas, CMM, Dinos and Mitchell Welbekin. A freshman for the Pack named Maverick Rowan had his ACC career high game with 24 (5 threes) that day. He appears to have quit basketball or went pro in Tunisia after his sophomore year.

Considering how the Deacs have done at home everyone else in the league must suck on their home court

That’s a good old fashioned beat down. That’s just embarrassing to let up 41 in a half to a team that only scored 47 in regulation their last game. Oh yeah and only score 13 points in a half is pretty bad too.

BC Vs ND looks just as ugly. But at least competitive at 30-27 with 15 to go.

Louisville trying to score against the Bennett packline is an even worse matchup than Wake trying to get down the lane with our Iso-based offense against FSU and UNC's length/athleticism on D

Back