• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

Baylor absolutely rolling in dough, they opened a football stadium a handful of years ago

Which is another beautiful facility, btw. Top notch-- certainly a big upgrade over the old stadium. I've been to a few games at the old one-- the Wake win there when RG3 was a freshman, and a huge Baylor win over OU at night when Briles was at the peak of his powers. Went to another OU game at the new stadium-- the one where Hurts ralied them from something like 25 points down to win.

They do have a lot of money. Mid-sized school with a lot of successful, powerful, and well-heeled alumni, similar to SMU in that regard.

Which is another beautiful facility, btw. Top notch-- certainly a big upgrade over the old stadium. I've been to a few games at the old one-- the Wake win there when RG3 was a freshman, and a huge Baylor win over OU at night when Briles was at the peak of his powers. Went to another OU game at the new stadium-- the one where Hurts ralied them from something like 25 points down to win.

They do have a lot of money. Mid-sized school with a lot of successful, powerful, and well-heeled alumni, similar to SMU in that regard.
And 2 of the biggest college sports scandals ever. I hope Kenneth Starr appreciates irony.

The Big South is getting started tonight. HPU and Radford will hopefully be a fun game. Radford is typically loaded with physical players.

Longwood and Winthrop is the other interesting matchup. My son told me that Lunardi still says that Longwood will win the conference. They may, but I’m not impressed with their schedule so far.

4 other teams are playing.

UVA crushes loserville by 24. Guess UVA isn't dead yet.

HPU with a 45-20 rebounding margin and they win 85-71.
Winthrop with a ot win. Drew Pember led UNC Asheville to a win and in a matchup of common Wake opponents, Presbyterian beat Charleston Southern. That’s the Big South wrap up.

HPU is pretty good.

Yes, according to that chart, that other purple school peaked in November. I would agree.
It says Dec. 22, not Nov. And they are higher rated now than then.

But whaddya expect from a guy with orange glasses, who just assumes UVA (which split with them the last two years, both of them close games) is somehow 50 spots better?

Rhode Island, who is improving but abysmal, just beat St. Joe’s, whose NET is 55. This should be helpful to us. Terrible loss for a potential bubble team.

ND also leading NC State. ND just going to hand out bad losses all over.

Back