• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-2024 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread

No one has really been talking about Syracuse. I know their metrics aren't great, but they are 4-3 in the league, all of their conference losses are Q1 (at Virginia, at Carolina, at Duke). They have no bad losses out-of-conference, are 1-5 in Q1. Which is one more Q1 win than Wake.

Their next four games are huge: FSU/State/at BC/at Wake.
Florida St rolling at Cuse after being down at half. Closing in on 6-2 in league play.

I dont watch enough womens ball to understand why the hate for her. I know she is very talented, but does she act like jj reddick?

USC is 16-3, beat KY w a second year head coach who inherited a dumpster fire…it can be done
South Carolina doesn't have the talent we've got, especially offensively, although they do have some guys that can shoot. However, they play really tough defensively and hit the boards strong and are well coached. Now, they might collapse, who knows, but they are in the tourney as of right now and if they beat Mizzou at home Saturday will be a top 25 team next week. I like those metrics a lot better then where we stand as of right now.

Last edited:
They're still behind us in the NET, but do have Q1 wins already in their pocket, which could help.

Air Force was a 12 point dog at UNLV last night... The Falcons won 90-58.

Duke, FSU, & Pitt all pick up road wins tonight.
FSU sucking OOC and getting hot now is just terrible for the conference. And Texas has 2 really nice wins in a row which puts them back on the bubble. Lunardi has us just over them, but given their schedule, I can't see how.

Probably because they beat LSU on a neutral court by 11 and we lost to them. I kid (mostly)...

Their two wins in the last week are both Q1 wins, but their schedule is definitely soft. They will certainly end up ahead of us in overall SOS by the end of the year since they play in the Big 12.

Really we just have to focus on winning - if we get 2/3 at Pitt/UVA/VPI, and hold serve at home then we're in. Easier said than done, but it's out there for us.

This is gonna sound pretty simplistic, but here's where I'm at...

Eye test tells me we are a very good team this year and could make a run in the NCAAs.

If we are indeed that good, we'll win enough games over the next 5-6 weeks to make the tourney and it'll be a fun journey.

If we aren't that good, then I suck at evaluating college basketball teams (and have a bigger Wake Forest bias than I thought) and I probably need to spend my time caring about other things.

So for the next few weeks, I'm going to do my best to not worry about "the bubble" and all that goes along with it. Will start parsing that stuff in mid-February when individual results from non-Wake Forest games might actually make an impact on bid/seeding.

USC is 16-3, beat KY w a second year head coach who inherited a dumpster fire…it can be done

Paris also won only 11 games last year (4 conference wins) with an NBA draft pick.

Many of the ogboards.com keyboard experts would have demanded his head especially after losing by 40 to Tennessee.

Probably because they beat LSU on a neutral court by 11 and we lost to them. I kid (mostly)...

Their two wins in the last week are both Q1 wins, but their schedule is definitely soft. They will certainly end up ahead of us in overall SOS by the end of the year since they play in the Big 12.

Really we just have to focus on winning - if we get 2/3 at Pitt/UVA/VPI, and hold serve at home then we're in. Easier said than done, but it's out there for us.
Texas had early season losses to UConn and Marquette, already has a higher SOS than us and about half their remaining games are against top 25 teams with their next 2 being BYU and Houston. The B-12 is so good.

Back