• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

I see one of those instant classic game scenarios setting up for that unc game if we can win the next 2. Kinda like 2003 game. I just got a feeling this year is going to be different, we will lose some of the road games for sure. But I don't think we lose at home, this team just seems to have an extra gear, they fight so hard. Believe that will keep that game close with a chance at the end

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Fucking FSU, we should have won that game. Our early season misgivings, albeit understood to WFU fans, are going to plague us. We cannot lose those games moving forward.

Tough to win a game on road in ACC, although Forbes won a lot earlier in his stay at Wake ( won at UVA for first time in forever).

Need to not get caught up in analytics. Just play hard and let the cards fall. We have a solid team and I have been following for 40+ years.

We can make tourney but got to win some games on road starting in Raleigh. They are a lot like F$U.

Gotta really get tough and feels like our guards are the only ones that know how to do this. We have to have the softest pussyist big men in nation.

Tough to win a game on road in ACC, although Forbes won a lot earlier in his stay at Wake ( won at UVA for first time in forever).

Need to not get caught up in analytics. Just play hard and let the cards fall. We have a solid team and I have been following for 40+ years.

We can make tourney but got to win some games on road starting in Raleigh. They are a lot like F$U.

Gotta really get tough and feels like our guards are the only ones that know how to do this. We have to have the softest pussyist big men in nation.

Come on man, that's just over the top and undeserved.

We have 4 Q1/2 losses and every game was a one possession game in the last 3 minutes.

A couple of buckets here and there and this is a top 10/15 team easily.

We have 4 Q1/2 losses and every game was a one possession game in the last 3 minutes.

A couple of buckets here and there and this is a top 10/15 team easily.
Or just simply having the NCAA stop wasting months scratching their ass and get through the transfer waivers before the damn season actually starts.

An annoying aspect of Wake’s schedule is that as of right now we only have 2 home Q1 games all year and Clemson will be fringe Q1/Q2 for most of the year I’d imagine. Duke is the only “lock” for this spot. Nobody else in the entire conference is a home Q1 win. Clemson is for the time being but is right on the fringe.

An annoying aspect of Wake’s schedule is that as of right now we only have 2 home Q1 games all year and Clemson will be fringe Q1/Q2 for most of the year I’d imagine. Duke is the only “lock” for this spot. Nobody else in the entire conference is a home Q1 win. Clemson is for the time being but is right on the fringe.
Yes, it makes the resume building difficult. The Big 12 provides damn near every game as an opportunity for one. Wake could go undefeated at home this year and be viewed as a shoulder shrug by the committee.
I also see Tuesday is a Q1 game at tip-off as NC St is #74. If Wake wins, good chance they fall to Q2 after game is over.

I think there’s an outside chance that Miami could be top 30 by the end of the year.

I mean if they didn’t lose to Louisville they’d be close to it right now.

And the committee will have already started meeting before the Clemson game. Sure the numbers will update but people have a funny way of cementing preliminary data as final.

Also even though they don’t look at conference standings I find it pretty unlikely a top 40 metrics team finishing third in the ACC gets left out. Sure Clemson got left out last year in a three way tie for third but they were barely top 70 in metrics

On the plus side, we have moved ahead of Miami into the ACC’s #4 spot in Torvik’s NCAA projections. Currently a 46% chance at a bid.

UVA and NCSU both around a 5% chance of getting in according to his model.

Back