• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

8hs0og.jpg

I feel a lot of people are looking at this team purely through the lenses of what could have been. They still have the expectations of a team with healthy Cam and Monsanto that was anything like pre-injury Damari.
I think Cam played as well as he has played in this game. Us losing had nothing to do with him finally.

I think Cam played as well as he has played in this game. Us losing had nothing to do with him finally.

I don’t think Cam played poorly (this was probably his best game) but he’s had good first halves this week and then gone MIA in the second. He’s just not the same cam that started the season (which is completely understandable)

I don’t think Cam played poorly (this was probably his best game) but he’s had good first halves this week and then gone MIA in the second. He’s just not the same cam that started the season (which is completely understandable)
Fair. I think we’ll never be an elite team with Cam as our main weapon, so I like him in the role he played today. I thought his D against ND was really poor, but he’s at least playing within himself.

We really missed good Hunter this game. The shitty foul calls, lack of 2nd half perimeter scoring, poor rebounding/2nd chance scoring and perimeter defense doomed us

I would have a hard time making the argument for them to go. I do think many of the bubble teams are shit though. So, I guess overall I couldn’t argue they deserve it, but comparing to others one on one, I’d start to argue for them to get in.
My main point is there are like 4 major teams that have gone undefeated at home and willl all be top seeds in dance & we sit here potentially in that group still uncertain they even belong in at all.
Yeah, right now being as pissed as I am, it’s hard to argue for them to be in. But the reality is a team like Dayton hasn’t beat a single team projected in the field of 68 and they are projected as a 6 seed. So, you really have to factor in the competition if they win the last 2 at home

unless i'm mistaken wake just screwed themselves out of the double-bye or at least made it harder
pitt would have to lose at home to either FSU or NCSU. obviously this assumes wake beats GT and Clemson

since they split it would go to record against #1 on down the standings. both lost to UNC. both split with Duke. wake split with UVA and Pitt was 1-0. according to what i read on tiebreakers, "the higher winning percentage shall prevail."

can anyone confirm my line of thinking here?

no

unless i'm mistaken wake just screwed themselves out of the double-bye
pitt would have to lose at home to either FSU or NCSU. obviously this assumes wake beats GT and Clemson

since they split it would go to record against #1 on down the standings. both lost to UNC. both split with Duke. wake split with UVA and Pitt was 1-0. according to what i read on tiebreakers, "the higher winning percentage shall prevail."

Correct. We would lose in a tiebreaker with Pitt if Virginia ends up in 3rd and we are both 12-8.

WF vs. Pitt 1-1
vs. UNC - both 0-1
vs. Duke - both 1-1
vs. Virginia - Pitt 1-0, WF 1-1

up 40-25, nine at half
first round conf bye and ncaa tournament bid right there and................................

:facepalm:

unless i'm mistaken wake just screwed themselves out of the double-bye or at least made it harder

I think you’re right, unless UVA slips up at home vs GT…think our 1-1 v Duke would make us the 4 over their 0-1 in the case, with Pitt 3? Good grief the middle got crowded this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve read a lot about Cold War espionage. I’m convinced we have a penetration of our b-ball program and they’re slipping our players barbiturates at half-time. Not sure who the source is who would be running the mole, but my money is on BC.

Back