• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2023-24 Wake Forest Basketball Season - 21-14 (11-9) - KP#29 / NET#43

This is setting up a lot like 2022 when we thought "all we have to do is beat BC and we should be in", but we were MUCH further from the bubble than any of us realized.
I agree - and all of the bracket projections are BEFORE any potential bid stealers. I think we're on the wrong side of the First Four out right now. I don't think just 2 tourney wins gets it done, especially since if we beat Pitt they probably aren't a tourney team either. I think we need to upset UNC, a likely #2 seed, to be in. Otherwise we're looking at a #1 or a #2 seed in the NIT Tourney.

Edited to add - I just saw bubble team Drake won the MVC yesterday, likely taking away 1 more bid. NCAA needs Cream-Abdul Jabbar in the tourney and I'm guessing Indiana State will be in - so MVC will have 2 bids.

ACC Tournament tickets aren't in large blocks anymore, they are spread out in much smaller allotments throughout the arena for each school, so each school gets tickets in all price zones.
That's lame - I enjoyed seeing the different colors in blocks all over the arena spanning from the lower bowl to the upper deck in each block. But really no way to fairly split them anymore unless you rotated by year.

That's lame - I enjoyed seeing the different colors in blocks all over the arena spanning from the lower bowl to the upper deck in each block. But really no way to fairly split them anymore unless you rotated by year.
Hasn’t been like that for years. With the byes especially, those days are long over.

This is setting up a lot like 2022 when we thought "all we have to do is beat BC and we should be in", but we were MUCH further from the bubble than any of us realized.

Meh - The 2022 team had 5 total Q1 + Q2 wins on selection sunday with a NET of 48, 2 Q3 losses and a Non conference SOS of 350.

The 2024 team has 8 total Q1 + Q2 wins with a chance to earn another against Pitt with a win on Wednesday. Current Net of 38 with 1 Q3 loss and a noncon SOS of 255.

Meh - The 2022 team had 5 total Q1 + Q2 wins on selection sunday with a NET of 48, 2 Q3 losses and a Non conference SOS of 350.

The 2024 team has 8 total Q1 + Q2 wins with a chance to earn another against Pitt with a win on Wednesday. Current Net of 38 with 1 Q3 loss and a noncon SOS of 255.
That's a good point

Hasn’t been like that for years. With the byes especially, those days are long over.

Right - Plus with the high demand back in the good 'ol days schools still had leverage with its donors even with a shitty seating block (i.e. you will sit in the upper bowl behind the basket, pay us face value and LIKE IT).

Our team blew some easier chances to put this to bed. However...

If we win 2 in DC and VA doesn't, if there are 4 ACC teams in, we deserve to be one of them.
I fully expect Uva to go 0-1 with a loss to Clemson. Somehow will be labeled as “safe”, but agree don’t believe they should be.

I don’t think there’s a large enough difference between those résumés.

10 spots better in net
100 spots better SOS
Already 3 more Q1/2 wins with a chance at another 1 or 2.

I think when looking at the bubble it's a significant difference, but I also admit to not fully understanding what the committee is looking for.

Maybe this is mentioned somewhere in this thread and I missed it, but what in the world is the tournament doing in DC?

Maybe this is mentioned somewhere in this thread and I missed it, but what in the world is the tournament doing in DC?
The next 10 ACC tournaments will be in NC. Does that make you happy? The ACCT was last played in DC in 2016. UNC beat UVA in a great atmosphere.

There are lots of alums of ACC schools in the DC area. It's ok to occasionally play the ACCT in other markets.

Last edited:
Just wait until they stick the 2040 ACCT in the Chase Center in SF, assuming the ACC still exists by then

So, the quality of Marsh's minutes would seem to be improving. Eye test only. I have not looked at +/- stats. Sure did appreciate his effort Saturday.
the one play where he caught the ball on the roll, faked a pass, and drove in for an easy dunk shows me that he has the tools to be decent if he can put it all together

was always surprising to me how bad his D is given how athletic he is for his size

the one play where he caught the ball on the roll, faked a pass, and drove in for an easy dunk shows me that he has the tools to be decent if he can put it all together

was always surprising to me how bad his D is given how athletic he is for his size

Real time, I thought he walked.

The replay was nice, though.

Back