• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 PGA Tour thread

And that’s what’s crazy about golf. You can be a really good player, but there is a gap about as wide as the Grand Canyon between really good players and tour level players.

TBF, he wasn’t playing against tour players at that qualifier. The best players there were mid level college golfers who shot around even par.

Thanks for sharing. I was just wondering what kind of position Kirby gets the club into.

Two PGA events this week:
  • Elevated Wells Fargo
    • Field of 69 includes:
      • WIll Z
      • Cam Young
      • Webb Simpson (on a sponsor's exemption
    • Scheffler sitting out and Aberg withdrew
  • Inaugural Myrtle Beach Classic (played the Dunes Golf and Beach Club)
    • Field includes:
      • Bill Haas

So everybody has a shot this week at an elevated win with Scottie out. It's almost like when Tiger was at his best - there should be an asterisk beside your win saying Scheffler did not participate.

Thanks for sharing. I was just wondering what kind of position Kirby gets the club into.
Well here ya go LK. You can see that Kirby gets it into a better position than the others at the top. He's the only one with the club pointing anywhere near the target line. Now you can rest your mind and go about your day without worrying over it anymore ha. I don't know about you, but before my next tournament I'm going to watch Hugh Freeze swing over and over just to visualize great mechanics.

The Myrtle Beach tournament has a pretty good field for an oppo event.

Not too many venues that I am interested in seeing the rest of the season on tour. Colonial, Pinehurst, TPC River Highlands, Royal Troon, Sedgefield (sorta) the best remaining imo.

Not too many venues that I am interested in seeing the rest of the season on tour. Colonial, Pinehurst, TPC River Highlands, Royal Troon, Sedgefield (sorta) the best remaining imo.
Because Quail is a limited field. I don't like this many limited field events, but at least they're staging other events the same weekends on some of them - fairer to the journeymen.

The PGA tour sucks after the Canadian and US Opens. With the exception of East Lake and wherever the playoff spot is the prior week, the DP is so much better in terms of courses from July-November. And yeah, Sedgefield and wherever they play in Japan are the best courses in that stretch.

Because Quail is a limited field. I don't like this many limited field events, but at least they're staging other events the same weekends on some of them - fairer to the journeymen.

The PGA tour sucks after the Canadian and US Opens. With the exception of East Lake and wherever the playoff spot is the prior week, the DP is so much better in terms of courses from July-November. And yeah, Sedgefield and wherever they play in Japan are the best courses in that stretch.
ronburgundy-agree.gif

What's the Dunes Club course like?

Lots of elevated greens, some tough holes around the marsh/lake to start the back nine. Would expect it to yield some low scores unless the wind kicks up because I don't think it is overly long by tour standards, but I've only played it once about 7-8 years ago.

The PGAT is front-loaded with good stops, that it kind of runs out of steam quickly. January - April are great.

The Byron Nelson is a shell of what it was. Quail Hollow/Vallhala right after is pretty meh. Memorial/Detroit/Deer/Twin Cities/Segefield/Southwind/Castle Pines/East Lake is a pretty brutal stretch. Segefield and Detroit are interesting, just not enough teeth for these guys really.

Almost think a second west coast swing or something would help.

What's the Dunes Club course like?
Walked with Jay and Bill this morning. The Dunes is sneaky tough and always has been. The green complexes are just so much harder than the typical MB course. I'm a member at Surf Club and it's 3-4 shots easier than Dunes. There is just no way to run the ball up over at Dunes like the typical Ross type courses in the Carolinas.

The rough here is pretty high this week but it was softer today from an overnight rain. If it weren't a wet week, I would think -10 would win. As is, I guess -18 but do not sleep on the Dunes. It is much harder than you might gather. It's certainly not a potential cite for a major but it can hold it's own with most tour course.

Last edited:
Back