• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2024 Presidential Primaries and Election

Marc Lamont Hill cowrote an excellent book on this called “Except For Palestine: The Limits of Progressive Politics”

The audiobook is free with an audible subscription.
Seems like a prescient book, with it coming out 2 years ago. Added to the list.

Working my way through Rhasid Khalidi's Hundred Years War on Palestine, but the writing is a bit of a slog.

You know where it is free???? The LIBRARY
It is!

Ah well, that sucks. Audible subscription is definitely worth it for me.

Ah well, that sucks. Audible subscription is definitely worth it for me.
I just use the Libby app. NC has a decent selection, but the Harris Co, TX library lets you have a non-resident online library card and they have a pretty extensive collection (and let you put up to 30 books on hold, whereas most libraries limit you to 6)

Audible has a lot of exclusive teleplay novels and comedy podcasts that I couldn’t get from a library. “Stinker Lets Loose” starring Jon Ham is one of my favorites, Middlespace: The Rebels attack, starring Will Forte, X-Files Cold Cases with David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson, etc.

I just use the Libby app. NC has a decent selection, but the Harris Co, TX library lets you have a non-resident online library card and they have a pretty extensive collection (and let you put up to 30 books on hold, whereas most libraries limit you to 6)

Typical, Texas exporting their woke ideas across borders

“…These change voters are not necessarily demanding a more ideologically progressive agenda. In the last Times/Siena poll of the same states, 11 percent of registered voters thought that Mr. Biden was not progressive or liberal enough. And while many liberal or progressive voters want major changes, relatively few of those voters are defecting from Mr. Biden. Instead, Mr. Biden’s losses are concentrated among moderate and conservative Democratic-leaning voters, who nonetheless think that the system needs major changes or to be torn down altogether. Mr. Trump wins just 2 percent of Mr. Biden’s “very liberal” 2020 voters who think the system at least needs major changes, compared with 16 percent of those who are moderate or conservative.

One exception is Israel’s war in Gaza, an issue on which most of Mr. Biden’s challenge appears to come from his left. Around 13 percent of the voters who say they voted for Mr. Biden last time, but do not plan to do so again, said that his foreign policy or the war in Gaza was the most important issue to their vote. Just 17 percent of those voters reported sympathizing with Israel over the Palestinians…”

You know where it is free???? The LIBRARY

maxresdefault.jpg

"The economy sucks, but my family is doing really well!"

From the article: "A record number of Americans are expected to travel by car this Memorial Day weekend, and airports could be busier than they’ve been since 2005, according to a forecast released Monday by AAA...“We haven’t seen Memorial Day weekend travel numbers like these in almost 20 years,” said Paula Twidale, AAA Travel’s senior vice president."

From the article: "A record number of Americans are expected to travel by car this Memorial Day weekend, and airports could be busier than they’ve been since 2005, according to a forecast released Monday by AAA...“We haven’t seen Memorial Day weekend travel numbers like these in almost 20 years,” said Paula Twidale, AAA Travel’s senior vice president."

But it's $22 for a double Maker's Mark! I can only get 3 instead of 4 before my 90 minute flight.

But it's $22 for a double Maker's Mark! I can only get 3 instead of 4 before my 90 minute flight.

Yep

Back